cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge opening for mice in 2012 Roadtrek SS

dixied
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my Roadtrek SS from my farm to get ready for traveling and discovered mice droppings all over! I had used it two weeks before and there were none then. Pulled out my Travesak and foam bed topper from the cabinet and found he/she/they(?!) had ruined them making a nest. Spent the day cleaning and putting out sticky traps. Caught one in the water pump compartment to the right of the bathroom. There is a huge 26" long perfect mouse entryway from the outside there that I discovered. The flap to the left of the sliding door that covers some plumbing and an outside outlet does not reach the bottom and leaves about 1/2" clearing. I could see daylight from inside the pump compartment! Has anyone dealt with this flaw? I know that mice can get in small holes, but this is an open invitation!
Thanks,
Dixie
Dixie and the Goldendoodles, Nikkibear and Gus
2012 Roadtrek SS Agile
2 REPLIES 2

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Only caveat about sticky pads is that the dogs can get stuck in them.

I would recommend as above, stainless steel wool (steel wool rusts into powder.)

NMace
Explorer
Explorer
Steel wool in all the gaps, remove all unsealed food source, and use strips or traps, store on pavement or gravel not over high grass.
2002 Silverado 6L 1500 HD 4x4 Crew Cab
2011 Puma 295 KBHSS