cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH levelers

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
Had a guy pull in next to me today. He pushed the auto level, it proceeded to lift all 8 tires, tag axle, off the ground then leaned the motorhome over at a severe angle before he hit the button to cancel. Said it was the second time it had happened to him. Any ideas?
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
7 REPLIES 7

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
bobkatmsu wrote:
Had a guy pull in next to me today. He pushed the auto level, it proceeded to lift all 8 tires, tag axle, off the ground then leaned the motorhome over at a severe angle before he hit the button to cancel. Said it was the second time it had happened to him. Any ideas?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many variables here.

1. How competent is the owner? That is, is he following the correct procedures for the model of HWH system he has? On some models and procedures for certain HWH systems, the engine MUST BE OFF. On some others, it must remain on.
2. "said it was the second time....) Well, SECOND time it did it, in HOW MANY TIMES he's deployed the leveling system, twice, 10 times, 100 times, what?

3. When was the last time it (the HWH system leveling sensor) was calibrated? On most, it takes oh, about 2 minutes or so.

4. Is it possible that the level sensor is broke, sure it is. But, again, is this (his) system malfunctioning each and every time he deploys it?

In many of the HWH systems, especially ones that are tied in with air suspension systems, there's coordination with the hydraulic side with the air side. So, things can goof up between the two systems while the auto leveler sensor is trying to level the coach. There are multiple HWH articles, manuals and troubleshooting tips that help with lots of issues with their systems.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Tell him to READ the HWH operators manual
2. Tell him to look at the Touch Pad. There will be 4 yellow LED lights at 12/3/6/9 o-clock on the pad. There will be 4 RED LED lights indicating the 4 corners AFTER he starts the level procedure. The RED lights indicate that all 4 jacks have extended. The YELLOW lights indicate which part of the motorhome needs to be raised to level. Once the RV is level the Yellow LED lights go out. IF any of the Yellow LED lights fails to go OFF (because of malfunction or it cannot raise that side to level) the system will continue until it shuts off and shows EXCESS SLOPE.
3. IF it then levels correctly after the malfunction, then odds are the Level sensor is not the problem.
4. Really need Model number of the HWH and YEAR of the RV. Doug

PursuitInsight
Explorer
Explorer
level sensor

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes the system needs to be re-calibrated and shown what level really is. Do a manual level then tell the system that that's the new level.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

MrWizard
level sensor is broke

use manual mode'
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Dennis, you're the best.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's BROKE!! :E....Dennis

I would guess the circuit board has a short. Have him give HWH a call on Monday. They have a great CS dept altho they will most likely have to call him back. Their number is (563) 724-3396. I deal with Paul Maddox out of Arizona. He knows his stuff.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG