cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-pass mount

ken0304
Explorer
Explorer
I just received my I-pass transponder. The mounting instructions say to put the transponder 1 inch below the roof line near the mirror. I worry that the cabover will interfere with the signal. Where do you have yours mounted.
13 REPLIES 13

Robocop
Explorer
Explorer
As others have noted, all good locations. I have found that it also depends upon the respective toll booth readers. I can go through one with no issues and the next trip it goes red and rings the bell. There is never an issue with overhead readers whatsoever.
Scott

2011 Sunseeker 3170DSF
2002 Honda CR-V toad

"Courage is the thing. All goes if courage goes."
"Do not mistake my benevolence for weakness."

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does your Class C have a front window in the cabover?

I have a neighbor that has his Fas-Trak transponder mounted there,he says that it works just fine.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ken0304
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for the info. Sounds like mounting the transponder high or low on the windshield it will still work.

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
I put the I-Pass on the passenger side of the mirror. It is mounted so that there is about two plus inches between the unit and the roof. They read it fine.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

WI
Explorer
Explorer
Before we picked up a class C in Indiana this month I had called I-Pass & after a few tries got to a knowledgeable person. They said it could be placed per the instructions for a car, which we did, & had no trouble going through 10-12 tolls on the way home to WI.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
We went through the open lanes with our Class C at I80 EB into 294, and it registered. (I checked online). We had the unit down at the front of the dash/ base of the windshield.

At a booth on the Indiana Toll Road, I am not sure if it did not read, but we ended up handing it to the booth worker.

At the Illinois booth for I80WB coming off 294, we thought we better go to a booth to be safe, and again it did not seem to be read until we handed it to the worker.

So I dunno.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Nerak
Explorer
Explorer
We have an EZ Pass but was told an RV with cabover needed a special transponder, otherwise it couldn't be detected. I ordered it and it attaches to the front license plate.

tobydad
Explorer
Explorer
I put my EZ pass transponder on the windshield behind the mirror and have never had a problem. It has been there now for 3 years.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Bottom center of the windscreen on the motorhome. Works fine. Have used it in other vehicles where it,was in a console bin and it still worked ok. Be sure to register all the vehicles you plan on using it in on the iPass Web site.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

WNYBob
Explorer
Explorer
If you have issues 1. Make sure you call them immediately (or you may be charged with the maximum rate) 2. Call them for a license plate tag (or at least that's what E-Zpass does.

elcheapo
Explorer
Explorer
I put mine just above dash in center of wind shield, works great. I have a Florida Sunpass .
2016 Jayco Redhawk 29XK

Kennyg
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem. Solution was to hand position the transponder on the dashboard as I approach the toll area. Seems to work.
Kennyg

gmctoyman
Explorer
Explorer
What's an I-pass ? I'm guessing it's for your local toll roads ?
Dave W. AKA "Toyman"
KE5GOH - On 146.52
RV's ? What RV's ???
Apache Pop-up
Classic GMC Motorhome
07 Leisure Travel Sprinter
Do Boats Count ?