cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itasca Viva road trip

Iceman567
Explorer
Explorer
We just completed a 6000 mile, 2 1/2 month road trip with our '14 Viva 23B. We drove highways, interstates, back roads, high roads and low roads. Drove through 17 states and countless small cities.

Spent time on the shores of Lake Superior and Lake Michigan.Drove parts of the Blue Ridge Parkway. Meandered on some roads that followed the Mighty Mississippi.

The Viva performed well on all roads and got about 14 mpg combined driving. We drove, slept and ate in the Viva all 6000 miles.

There are some warranty issues that will have to be dealt with. How does a toilet paper holder fall off the wall? The bathroom door skin de-laminated, some issues with the loft bed motor and the refer doesn't switch over to alternate power on it's own. Minor issues as far as I'm concerned. Didn't impact our trip in the least.

This isn't a sales pitch for the Viva. We've had two Class A's and another 'C'. But this has been the best rig so far for our needs. It's been the easiest, less worrisome RV to drive. IMHO.
2014 [COLOR=]Itasca Viva
2 REPLIES 2

Larry1946
Explorer
Explorer
Good to read your comments Iceman567. We drove only 1000 miles last weekend and enjoyed the experience. The only issue I can find is the light feeling I get on the front axel. I put 80# air in the rear tires and it helped quite a bit. I think the weight ratio front/back is not a Promaster problem but due to the coach's added weight. I pull a Smart Car and never noticed it was back there. Hope to go on a much longer trip soon and will report then.

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Have yet to hear a negative comment from owners of the ProMaster class C's & B's about their drivability.

Emphasis on "owners"....
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van