cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Upgraded to an Allegro Bus

THutch
Explorer
Explorer
We just upgraded from our tried & trusted '05 Itasca Meridian 34H to an '11 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP. Been busy moving out, moving in, setting things up, and relearning new stuff. We had the Meridian ten years, went cross country twice and up into Canada. But this new (to us) is a challenge...I can't wait to take it out on a trip!
Tom & Norma
NEW: 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP
Previous: 2005 Itasca Meridian 34H
NEW: 2007 Jeep Liberty 4x4, 4-Down, Blue Ox with Brake Buddy Classic
Previous: 2007 HHR LT 4-Down, Blue Ox with Blue Ox Patriot
11 REPLIES 11

getgoin
Explorer
Explorer
Cheers....wheres the first trip going to be? Never seem to go quick enough!

catkins
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congrats! I have also encountered great customer service from Tiffin. Here's to many happy carefree adventures in your new RV.

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Beautiful coach! Love that floorplan.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
THutch wrote:
We just upgraded from our tried & trusted '05 Itasca Meridian 34H to an '11 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP. Been busy moving out, moving in, setting things up, and relearning new stuff. We had the Meridian ten years, went cross country twice and up into Canada. But this new (to us) is a challenge...I can't wait to take it out on a trip!

Awesome. Tiffins are a very good coach and a great company! See you out there.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

THutch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, all!

Dick A, I called Tiffin and registered the new ownership, and ordered gear packs for the front drivers side slide. I sheared teeth off the gears. Anyone done that?

Appears common, as the put me on the line with Cory, their slide expert, and he talked me through how to determine which ones I needed, and then told me how to change & adjust slide. Also, told me how to check for the slide floor problem, and said I was covered if it was bad. He said they would do the gear packs, if I have the soft floor, as they pull the slide out to replace the floor.

Anyway, I was really impressed by Tiffin Customer Service...600 miles to Red Bay...much closer than Forest City, and we've been there 3 times.
Tom & Norma
NEW: 2011 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QRP
Previous: 2005 Itasca Meridian 34H
NEW: 2007 Jeep Liberty 4x4, 4-Down, Blue Ox with Brake Buddy Classic
Previous: 2007 HHR LT 4-Down, Blue Ox with Blue Ox Patriot

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, you will enjoy your coach. Tiffin pots out a very nice quarterly publication called "Roughing it Smoothly". I'm sure you would enjoy reading it and there is no charge to receive it. Just send your name, address, and vin number to:

Danny Inman
Tiffin Motorhomes, Inc.
P.O. Box 1150
Monroe, GA 30655-1150

and let them know you now own that motorhome and would like to receive the publication.

Enjoy Roughing it Smoothly in your coach.:)
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new coach - you will love it. In case you are not aware of it there is a Tiffin specific forum on the Tiffin RV Network. Just click on the Forum link in the menu on the left of the page. Lots of very nice and knowledgeable owners frequent it and are extremely helpful should you have questions.

BTW, we are almost neighbors when we are home at the S&B, being just up the river a little bit from you.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on the new coach
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Cloughfam
Explorer
Explorer
Congratz on the new rig!
2011 Jayco JayFlight 25BHS
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4X2 HEMI
Me, the wife, 2 sons...

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
That should be a nice coach for you. That is quite an upgrade for you but I'd bet it won't take long to learn the new in's and out's.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C