cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kitchen Faucet Leaks - BAD

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
The kitchen faucet in our 2004 PW Plateau was dripping. Phoenix Faucets sent us a "kit" to replace the ball joint. We did this and then water squirted everywhere! Then read the directions and did it again carefully - three times. Now water is seeping from the bottom on the faucet, right where it goes into the cabinet. I put the old ball joint in and it helped a little, but it still leaks onto the cabinet whenever we use the faucet. Oh - it STILL drips, but I don't even care about that now. Just need to be able to use it without water all over the cabinet. Any suggestions?
2004 Pleasure-Way Plateau TD
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement
10 REPLIES 10

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for letting us know what happened, and how you resolved it. Ours has been leaking, but I was successful with the repair for the time being. Probably will have to have it replaced like you did.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
Got it replaced at the RV Service Center - new one is easier to use and has a lifetime warranty. Thanks for your advice!
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
and the faucet should have ceramic valves.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
Buy a (was Price)Pfister faucet with an honest lifetime warranty. I'm waiting for our second bath area faucet to arrive. This is the second of two Tiffin OEM faucets to fail at the at the base where the lines entered the casting. Both have been replaced with a new supply line design. 9 or 11 years of full timing isn't bad for the life of a faucet w/o service. The Delta faucets in our 10 apartments usually had to be rebuilt with each new tenant, but then again I never had a supply line failure.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
As others have suggested....replace it with one from Home Depot or Lowe's, etc. As advised, get a good one...something solid brass.

How about something like this....it's only $4100.00....LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moen, Delta.. any of the NOT cheap brands are fine.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
I did use silicone grease; it just helped a little. Think I'll get a good faucet installed when I get the toilet checked out. Any suggestions for a good brand?
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ScottG wrote:
Buy a nice new solid brass faucet to replace the RV cheapo.
x2
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Buy a nice new solid brass faucet to replace the RV cheapo.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you may have damaged the seals when you installed the kit. Hse a bit of cilicone plumbers grease on all rubber o-rings and parts when installing.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.