cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

leaky AC compressor - 2012 F53 chassis

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
..Noticed last few times I had been under the MH doing various maintenance tasks, that there seemed to be some kind of oil on the AC compressor (dash air) on the front of the engine, near the bottom of it.

Anyway, since the Ford 'bumper-to-bumper' warranty on the chassis was getting ready to end in a few weeks, yesterday I took it to the Ford dealer. Had them do regular service (oil change, chassis lube, 21 point inspection, etc), and check out the AC compressor.

Well, lo and behold, they find that indeed the compressor is leaking oil, and needs to be replaced. They had to order the new compressor, it will be here in a few days. I'll bringing the MH back next week for them to install it.

Best part: The entire repair bill ($1300 total), will be on Ford's dime, not mine! Had I waited just a few more weeks, the warranty would have ended, and I would have got to pay for that one. Woohooo, for ONCE, a warranty works out in MY favor, haha! Score one for the little guy. ๐Ÿ™‚

Anyway, guess the only point I have here is: Anyone with a Class A MH built on a later model Ford F53 chassis, you might wanna crawl under and have a look at the AC compressor on the front of your V10, check for any oil leakage. Preferably, before your warranty ends if it hasn't already. I am very, very glad I got this taken care of while it is still under warranty. Warranties normally don't work out this way for us, haha.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")
3 REPLIES 3

TugCamp
Explorer
Explorer
EXACTLY the same issue with my 2012.
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
F53 V10
2007 Chaparral 20SSi
Camping wife and 2 boys 11 and 6

Ready2BRetired
Explorer
Explorer
That is great. I know the feeling of never seeming to catch a break so when you do its exciting! Maybe this is a first of many good things in store for you in the coming year. Maybe a lottery ticket is in order....course ya don't want to press your luck.....

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes Christmas does come twice in the same year! Usually we're all a day late and a dollar short. Have a great Day!!

Brian