Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Levelers

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Anyone ever recalibrate your leveling system? I have a 2014 Itasca
Suncruiser (class A) and my manual does not have instructions on how to do it.The dealer did it last year and i would rather do it myself than take it in for such a minimal thing.Thanks in advance.
Bob :?
9 REPLIES 9

RVChippys
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the responses and especially Effy's.
I will try it in a day or two.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I'll have to try it this weekend. It's been so long since I have done it automatically I forget. Maybe there is a reason but I remember it just seems like it wants to twist in the auto mode. Front, Left, both rears, left, then finally right. My memory isn't what it used to be though. Can't remember what I had for breakfast.
2013 ACE 29.2

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Scott,

Mine levels front to back first, then side to side...I believe Effy's does also as per the literature. Maybe somewhere along the way things changed, my coach is an '08 Winne.

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Effy wrote:
Puttin wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious, why do you need to do this anyway? I've only heard of this procedure just now. I don't know if my Power Gear leveling system has this either.

Mine wasn't truly level from the factory so I set it myself. Takes 30 seconds. Although I never use the auto level, I almost always level myself. Feels like the auto does a lot more than it needs to. Front, left, rear, front, right, left etc. Always some weird pattern and seems way over complicated.

Effy,
Just wondering what brand of leveling system you have. You say it "does a lot more than it needs to......" And you go on to say it has "weird" patterns. The reason I ask is because, we have, on our '04 Itasca Horizon, 36GD with the C-7 330HP CAT, the HWH 625 Computer Controlled Automatic Leveling System.

Now, after picking a campsite, and, based on my judgment, I decide if I will let the system do it automatically or, I do it manually. If I decide the Automatic side of the system will handle it, I set the brakes, push the "on" button to our HWH system TWICE, and that starts the operation for, dropping the bags and, providing leveling.

Now, as for it's "pattern" the detector (as you most likely know) detects side to side and, front to back. It will, ALWAYS, level side to side first. It does this of course, with the two jacks on the side needing to raise. Then, it takes care of the front to back leveling. It will do this with one jack, until it hits the ground and, provides back pressure, then both end jacks will lift until the sensor is satisfied.

Now, there is still one remaining jack not extended. The Coach, at this time, is level, even though there's only three jacks in use. But, it will at this time, extend that fourth jack. It extends to the point that it hits the ground and, it will raise the coach approximately 3/4" to 1" with that one jack and stop. The system then shuts down completely.

Now, we've owned this coach now for approaching 4 years. It has worked this way, in the Automatic sequence, each and every time. It always levels the side first, then an end, and finally, the last one for "Stabilization". So, this is why I asked why you think yours maybe does more than you think it needs to. Maybe it does more than it needs to. I certainly would not know how to correct that.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Effy,

Thanks, I never bothered to actually double check after it auto-leveled. All the door stayed open and it felt fine. (The green light came on also- indicating it indeed was level). I agree with you- my auto control seems like it works way too much as well so I also use the "man" feature most of the time. After I posted my response I got curious, so I looked up the Power Gear procedure.Power Gear calibration

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Puttin wrote:
Hi all,

Just curious, why do you need to do this anyway? I've only heard of this procedure just now. I don't know if my Power Gear leveling system has this either.

Mine wasn't truly level from the factory so I set it myself. Takes 30 seconds. Although I never use the auto level, I almost always level myself. Feels like the auto does a lot more than it needs to. Front, left, rear, front, right, left etc. Always some weird pattern and seems way over complicated.
2013 ACE 29.2

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Per Lippert:

SETTING ZERO POINT
Before “AUTO-LEVELING” or utilizing the TOUCH PAD as the level indicator for MANUAL LEVEL, the LEVEL ZERO POINT must be set. This process is done initially at the factory but may need to be done again in the event of loss of power or the owner wishes to reset level.

MANUALLY LEVEL the coach. Turn the TOUCH PAD “OFF”. Turn the TOUCH PAD “ON” again. This readies the TOUCH PAD for reprogramming the LEVEL ZERO POINT.

Push the “FRONT” button 5 times

Push the “REAR” button 5 times.

All lights on TOUCH PAD will now flash and the buzzer will be off. The TOUCH PAD is now in IDLE MODE.

Push the “RETRACT ALL” button 3 times. The “WAIT” light will flash. This sets LEVEL ZERO POINT.

When the “WAIT” light goes off, the “LCI LOGO” will flash waiting for the operator to chose which mode to level the coach with, “MAN” or “AUTO.”
2013 ACE 29.2

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
RVchippys, I downloaded the procedure from the manufactures website (on our previous coach). I never had to perform the procedure but I had it in my files if I ever needed it.

Pull up the manufacturer of your leveling system and see if they have recalibration procedure listed.

Our new coach has just air leveling, no hydraulic legs.

Good luck,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins