cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveling System - Sprinter

Sox_Fan
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking at leveling systems for my Sprinter. It is only partially for the ease of leveling but also to conserve storage space which is a premium in a small motorhome. I currently carry lynx levers and if one or two sets would work then I'd likely just stay with them but I currently carry 4 sets and sometimes that isn't even enough, If I have to level the rear I should actually be supporting all 4 tires, not just the outside ones. The advantage of a leveling system is that it also stabilizes the motorhome while the blocks do not.

I have been trying to decide between the electric (like Bullseye) and hydraulic (like HWH). I understand that both systems are electrically powered. Responses from owners with either system would be appreciated, especially if they are on a Sprinter.

Thanks,

Bob
2008 Navion iQ
6 REPLIES 6

_en_Plain_Air_
Explorer
Explorer
I had read/heard/thought that putting levelers on a Sprinter chassis invalidates the warranty. The warranty text has been quoted in previous posts on this forum.

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
This interests me also.

How is the price compare between the 2 systems and what is the difference in weight?

I know on my unit I weighed it when it was loaded with our stuff and it weighed 9960 this is full fuel and I was in it also. The only thing I was missing was our fridge contents, water and clothes. Oh and wife but she is not very heavy. So I figure with water 36 gallons of water would add 300# and clothes maybe 50# at most and the fridge stuff around 20# at most. So the weight with those added in would total around 10400# so with the 11030# GVWR I would still have over 600# before hitting the GVWR. My axle actual weights are rear axle scale weight of 6000# and front axle 3060#. The GAWR front is 4410# and the rear is 7720#.

So if the systems are light enough I would have the capacity to install one. I see from the post above that the HWH is around 80# which is great but I kind of like the idea of the Bullseye electric after having problems with my hydraulic levelers on my 5th wheel with it leaking and not working right.
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

Coyotesfan
Explorer
Explorer
I added the HWH levelers on my Thor Citation Sprinter this year. Very happy with the results, only added about 80 lbs with the jacks. Everything was contained under the coach. You can read more about this here
http://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33915

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
+1 on the Big Foot levelers.

Kit for Sprinters
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
You'll get better info asking your question here:
Skinnie Winnie Yahoo Group

Most folks there seem to have HWH.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

ed6713
Explorer
Explorer
Not on a Sprinter but I've been very happy with my Big Foot system on a small C.
Don't know what the OCCC of your rig is, but my system adds about 225#.
🙂