cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Light issue

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, need help. The overhead light (NOT the halogen press in ones) with the two small bulbs broke and we had it "fixed" under warranty. It is not working again. We want to replace the light fixture. Does anyone know what it is called so we can order it? We can't find what to buy!! Thanks!!
Jo, Elliott, Cloey and Zoey, Havanese sisters
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.
6 REPLIES 6

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
jobythebay wrote:
rjxj wrote:
Like this? Check for power or it will do no good to replace it.

Light

Yes, thanks this is it. The switch is what is broken. Do you think that makes a difference in replacing it?

Ye, if the switch is broken a new light fixture will fix it. If you boondock much and running your battery down too quickly is an issue, click on the other link up above that Tusconjim posted as it's for an led which will use far less power. Be sure the power to the light is off before you work on it or have someone do it for you.

jobythebay
Explorer
Explorer
rjxj wrote:

Light

Yes, thanks this is it. The switch is what is broken. Do you think that makes a difference in replacing it?
Jo, Elliott, Cloey and Zoey, Havanese sisters
who JUST bought a Georgetown 328TS Class A and will be towing a 2010 Toyota Corolla.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
I did a search on Amazon for "12 Volt RV Ceiling Light". It came up with quite a few. I'd go with the one I'm linking here. It's less money than the camping world version linked in a post above, has two switches, and is LED. It's a very simple replacement.

Ceiling Light
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have no idea what light you are trying to describe. Maybe this Ebay search will help.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

azrving
Explorer
Explorer

Light

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
If you are looking at putting a new fixture in the same spot you may have a problem. If your current light has a bad connection someplace changing the fixture won't help. A normal spot would be finding the ground connection. Try looking for "RV lighting Fixtures".
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford