cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lock/latch for rear compartment door - need source

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
Winnie (per Lichtsinn) says the lock/latch for rear compartment door is no longer available. It's a simple lock assembly that turns 90 degrees and has threads on the inner end for attaching the lever that holds the door shut.

Anyone have a idea regarding source for this? I'd sure prefer not to fabricate one.

2008 Itasca

I have photos but it appears they need a URL
8 REPLIES 8

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
This is one of the best forums I've ever seen. The knowledge and helpfulness of the members make it great. I hope some of my entries have helped others too.

Here are a couple pics:

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
Let's see a picture. No site is easier than this one to post a photo. See the DIY topic for instructions.

You are 100% correct that a picture should be shown.

You are 100% wrong that no website is easier than this one to post a photo.

The well designed website allow you to just click on a photo from your pc. Self explanatory and takes just a few seconds.

I'm already 20 minutes into this but think I have it now. This multi-step process is about as efficient as dial-up 🙂

Mel_Stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
spotrot wrote:
Winnie (per Lichtsinn) says the lock/latch for rear compartment door is no longer available. It's a simple lock assembly that turns 90 degrees and has threads on the inner end for attaching the lever that holds the door shut.

Anyone have a idea regarding source for this? I'd sure prefer not to fabricate one.

2008 Itasca

I have photos but it appears they need a URL

spotrot
https://tinyurl.com/57updcy

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Let's see a picture. No site is easier than this one to post a photo. See the DIY topic for instructions.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Some of the handles and thumb knobs are an add on to stand tubular locks. door finger pull
Make sure you measure the length of the lock. More locks
Tubular locks

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

spotrot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll call around locally.

I forgot to mention it had a black thump/knob around the lock cylinder.

There are many to choose from ithout the knob.

jeromep
Explorer
Explorer
Have you checked with your local, independent RV dealer or service center? A lot of the smaller, family owned, shops have drawers, racks, and cabinets full of parts for older RVs and applications. A lot of these places scavenge old rigs for parts, strip good parts off from broken objects and store them for later use.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Many big box hardware stores, Lowes Home depot
Amazon, ebay
Like these?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker