cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mega Slide Seal

Seldombenwright
Explorer
Explorer
Having issues with the seal on my 2007 40 SFT Endeavor, this slide is 29 feet long and keeps pulling off. Need help on finding someone in the Houston area that can fix this issue, or if anyone has had this problem and found a fix.
desperately need help, and thanks for your help!
4 REPLIES 4

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"dickiebob" gave you a good answer. The metal clips rusting/crumbling was an issue, especially with the 07 models. I like "dickiebob's" repair method.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

dickiebob
Explorer
Explorer
Forgot to mention that minimum purchase was 50'. Ended up with 18' left over. Seal was installed in one continuous piece wrapping around top corners without cutting on rubber. The awning cover was laid onto the roof and the liftbars temporarily removed to give access to the top area while replacing the seal.

Good luck in your replacement.
2007 Monaco Monarch SFS30 SVE
with 2006 Ford F53 V10
2001 Honda CRV Toad

dickiebob
Explorer
Explorer
Had same problem with my 22' full slide 2nd trip when rig was new. The original foam type rubber seal has open metal alligator type grip which will rust and crumble quickly when even a small amount of moisture gets in. Replaced under warranty and fell off again less than 2 years later. Looked for an encapsulated rubber seal on internet.

Found what I needed here : http://www.cleanseal.com No. ZML-6705. Clean Seal will send you samples. I had All Stars Rv in Louviers, Colo. do the install (4 hrs labor) after I ordered from ParKin Accessories (Clean Seal's vendor for small quantity purchases).

Installed in Dec. , 2010 and still in good shape plus seals much better than original seal. I had a lengthy posting in IRV2.Com at the time that you can search under dickiebob posts.
2007 Monaco Monarch SFS30 SVE
with 2006 Ford F53 V10
2001 Honda CRV Toad

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
You can re-glue it with 3-M plastic and emblem adhesive. I always carry a tube in my coach just in case.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision