cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mid coach twin bed layouts in B+

mrshowtime3
Explorer
Explorer
In the search for the perfect RV for us, the perfect layout we have found is the Phoenix Cruiser 2551 with no slide and a dinette. Ill link to the model if you havent seen it. But its basically a front dinette, mid coach twins and a rear dry bath. That checks all of our boxes. We want a gas RV too.

Since we will be buying used Id like to know of any models with this floorplan that are in that 26' or less range. Coach house seems to make one but I have seen no others. Anyone know of any more?

http://www.phoenixusarv.com/2551.html

We also love the Coach House 220. Thats only 23' which I would prefer while still giving a nearly ideal layout for us. This is another layout I dont see much of. At least not on gas chassis. LTV has a Unity like it and there is a REV like it. But I dont want a single rear wheel RV. So if anyone knows of any other models with this layout id like to hear it too.

http://www.coachhouserv.com/model-220.php

I guess we must just like odd layouts. To us these seem so perfect for two people and a dog that we are surprised every company doesnt make a similar one lol.
7 REPLIES 7

mrshowtime3
Explorer
Explorer
behengold wrote:
Take a look at Lazy daze floor plans. I know they make a rear twin configuration with mid galley. I know they have a front twin configuration.Excellent quality. Born frees are also possibilities.You can find nice ones in the low to mid 20's.

Born free has some very high quality looking RVs. However they seem to exclusively go with that couch/twin bed setup. I cant imagine wanting to make a bed every night.

mrshowtime3
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
Phoenix Cruiser MODEL 2551, measures end-to-end 26'-10"
Shown with the "optional" slide out (with couch)
No slide out gets you enough room for a dinette like we have in our PC-2350 HERE.

Phoenix Cruiser MODEL 2552, measures end-to-end 27'-10"
Shown with the "optional" slide out (with dinette)
If you want the dinette without the slide out, the extra wall space gets you a pantry, a wider pantry if you get the couch. But the couch cannot be converted into a bed.

Yea the 2551 is one im keeping an eye on for sure. Like that floorplan. But 27' would be my absolute max. I would probably prefer the coach house twin bed thats only 23". Its odd that they made a shower too small since it appears they have room back there for a much larger shower while only sacrificing that small linen closet.

Coach House Model 220TB, measures end-to-end 23'-2"
This is a very nice compact rig that is 3.5 feet shorter than the PC-2551, 4.5 feet shorter than the PC-2552, and 6" shorter than our PC-2350. But looking at the pictures, it seems quite confining inside.
CLICK HERE because the picture is not postable.

Scottiemom's comments about the 2551/2552 corner shower is something I heard from owners of those rigs. A few changed from model 2350 to model 2551 or 2552 so they cleaned up in both showers and say the 2350 shower offers more room. But they manage with their corner shower.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Phoenix Cruiser MODEL 2551, measures end-to-end 26'-10"
Shown with the "optional" slide out (with couch)
No slide out gets you enough room for a dinette like we have in our PC-2350 HERE.

Phoenix Cruiser MODEL 2552, measures end-to-end 27'-10"
Shown with the "optional" slide out (with dinette)
If you want the dinette without the slide out, the extra wall space gets you a pantry, a wider pantry if you get the couch. But the couch cannot be converted into a bed.

Coach House Model 220TB, measures end-to-end 23'-2"
This is a very nice compact rig that is 3.5 feet shorter than the PC-2551, 4.5 feet shorter than the PC-2552, and 6" shorter than our PC-2350. But looking at the pictures, it seems quite confining inside.
CLICK HERE because the picture is not postable.

Scottiemom's comments about the 2551/2552 corner shower is something I heard from owners of those rigs. A few changed from model 2350 to model 2551 or 2552 so they cleaned up in both showers and say the 2350 shower offers more room. But they manage with their corner shower.

behengold
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Lazy daze floor plans. I know they make a rear twin configuration with mid galley. I know they have a front twin configuration.Excellent quality. Born frees are also possibilities.You can find nice ones in the low to mid 20's.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
This is the long running thread on small B+ motorhomes. Been following it for 5 years.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
We have a B+ and we full time. But we use our Phaeton to live in. The smaller rig we purchased for Alaska and summer travels to the east coast where state parks are not geared for big rigs.

We looked long and hard at Phoenix. The one thing I hated about it was that corner shower. I am short and getting into it was not a problem. But I stepped in and moved my arms around like I was washing my hair and my elbows kept hitting the sides of the shower. DH is 6'2" and larger, of course, and the shower space for him was not acceptable. Also it seemed that all the used units we looked at had rust on the slide out mechanisms that was easily visible on the outside when the slide was out.

Coach House builds a lovely unit, but again, very cramped. Very little storage if you are fulltiming.

You will find that without any slides, 2 people and a dog will be constantly stepping on each other.

Ours in an R-Vision, which is an orphan and no longer built. But it serves the purpose we bought it for and we are happy with it. It does not have much storage, so DH built a custom trunk that slides into the hitch receiver on the back.

Try reading through the B+ forum on here for more info from people who own these smaller rigs and how they are enjoying them.

B+ forum

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
That style is a class C, you may find better info on another part of the forums.
B+ is an informal designation for smaller C's

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/23.cfm

Mike