Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

myrtle beach campgrounds

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
several different ocean front campgrounds, which do you prefer and why
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar
11 REPLIES 11

Roger_in_VERMON
Explorer
Explorer
We have been camping at Ocean Lakes for over ten years in April.
We get a site near the beach. Very nice people. Large sites. As of this summer there is a huge water park. I believe it is now open. No other camping resort has anything like it.
๐Ÿ™‚ 2001 41' Holiday Rambler Imperial
2004 Jeep Wrangler
Weekenders and Loving it!

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Have lived in MB for a dozen years, camped here for almost 30. Favorite privately owned CG on the ocean front is MB Travel Park. Sites seem roomier, owners and staff are great, and its location towards the northern end of MB is good too. Some shady spots, others good for Sat TV access. Never seems overcrowded. Bath houses are fine. The other "big 3" (Pirateland, Lakewood and Ocean Lakes, all on Kings Highway (17 Business) at the south end of MB, are huge, crowded even in the fall, with many sites tightly bunched. Absolutely LOVE Huntington Beach State Park, farther south on the Grand Strand near Murrells Inlet and Litchfield. Sites are large, many shady, and it has immediate access to the ocean (although none of the sites are oceanfront). If Sat TV is a priority, there are a number of sites here where access is no problem. It's also a bit cheaper than the private CGs - but less than 1/3 are sewered and there is no real access to WIFI except by the office. Myrtle Beach SP is fine too. More wooded than Huntington Beach SP, so Sat TV is a no go in most sites, and many are not sewered. Most sites are roomy, and, like Huntington, there is ocean access but no sites on the ocean. It's closer to the "action" of MB. We do like the KOA. It's in MB proper, in the middle of everything. It's about a 1/2 mile from the ocean. Sites are roomy, great bathhouses, and good amenities. Not nearly as "crazy crowded" as those on the ocean front. One we honestly would never recommend is Apache CG - it's farther north in MB, has oceanfront access, but the sites are really, really tight, and it seems, IMHO, to have suffered from overcrowdedness, too many 'permanent' campers, and a bit of neglect. Even though you are planning to stay in October, suggest you make ressies ASAP. Sites, at least in the two state parks, may be hard to get even this far ahead. Might want to check out www.rvparkreviews.com for others opinions on CGs in MB area. I use it whenever I'm planning a trip to a place I have not gone before.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
We did Ocean Lakes in November. The place is huge. Not normally our cup of tea, but in November we could get a spot on the end of a row close to the ocean.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed at the KOA last year. Close to all the stuff but it feels like you are in the woods. Nice place. I'd stay there again.
2013 ACE 29.2

cjd10
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach State Park is our favorite. Lots of trees, nice fishing pier, and quieter than the more commercial RV parks right down the road. Also a little less expensive.
We only live 100 miles away usually stay there two or three times a year.
Clyde and Elaine
2014 Georgetown 351DS by Forest River
2 Boston Terriers 1 French Bulldog
Rest in Peace Toby

hanko
Explorer
Explorer
were planning on October, thanks for the replys
2014 Tiffin Open Road 36LA,Banks Power pack,sumo springs, 5 star tune, magnum invertor

2013 Ford Focus Toad

Haigh Superstar

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Huntington beach state park,although most do not have full hookups.

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
We like Lakewood Campground. It seems roomier than the others. It is quieter and has all of the amenities we need. We spend the entire month of October every year. Not as hot or as crowded then. I agree with the previous poster. I would not go anywhere near Myrtle Beach in the summer.
Bill
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL

Bill1374
Explorer
Explorer
X2 for Travel Park. Great staff and always nice neighbors.
KZ Montego Bay in Florida
Rockwood lite up north
2016 HD Street Glide, 12 Fatboy for cruisin

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Lakes because it is closest to Murrells Inlet, BUT I wouldn't go near Myrtle Beach in the summer.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Myrtle Beach Travel Park because it is the nearest to Calabash, NC.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog