cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mystery Box under E-450?

jmccen58
Explorer
Explorer
I was under my MH yesterday and found an un-identified piece attached to the frame. I'm almost positive it's a "factory" controller of some sort. It's in a bottom mounting plate attached to drive of frame about 4 feet behind cab. It has a small,almost fuel line looking "hose?" coming from the rear and a larger hose running in the frame towards the front. There is also a small electrical bundle running from the unit towards the front. The Box is about 12" wide and 18" long. The "box" is held up by a bottom plate with the front and rear open. However there is a piece of thick visqueen plastic taped and glued to close the front of the assembly....Any ideas what this is?
9 REPLIES 9

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
Could it be the device that closes the fuel line when there is a collision?
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

jmccen58
Explorer
Explorer
when I first saw it I had the bomb squad check it out....the dog gave it an "all clear"....I had a feeling it was something to do with emissions or transmission control..... I think tgdameron got it right.Thanks everybody ; )

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
maybe its the secret big brother tracker disguised as a veh component. Ya know how busy the gov't has been wanting to know what you are doing and going:)

Actually could be any of the above noted items, I have no clue if I have one may check this AM while up on jacks.

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
Whatever you do don't mess with it....I've called the bomb squad. Try to keep everyone far away from your RV until they dispose of it....

I have no idea but couldn't resist. Guess I've been watching too much crime TV lately.

Can you post a photo of it? That could help to identify the box.

tgdameron
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 E-450 using Thor Chateau. The box is for the emission system. It captures the tank vapors.
Tom Dameron
2016 Renegade Verona, Freightliner M2, 2009 Honda CRV, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it has power leveling jacks, this could be the Control Module AND the "Level" it consults to know which jacks have to go which way to level the whole coach. Our 2003 coach has a module under the driver seat and a smaller module under the coach to sense level. On ours you can tell what it is. It's mounted on long screws supported by springs. You get the coach level with carpenter's levels then adjust those screws till the leveling indicators agree that it's level. The springs let you adjust without having to dink with locking nuts or the like.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
From his profile: 2011 Fourwinds Chateau 31
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

johnm1
Explorer
Explorer
You didn't say what your MH was/is ... could it be the DEF tank if it's a diesel?
johnm
'13 GMC Serria D/A, CC, 4x4
'16 Forest River Vengeance 25V

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Whatever you do don't mess with it....I've called the bomb squad. Try to keep everyone far away from your RV until they dispose of it....

I have no idea but couldn't resist. Guess I've been watching too much crime TV lately.