cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need new cab over matress. Please help

Malster1
Explorer
Explorer
Well got our new (1996) class C Montara tioga 24' all fixed up and took it on a few trips for far, the issue is the kids are set with the beds downstairs, but the wife and I can't get something to work for the cab over bed. It didn't have one when we bought it, so we tried a few different things, but tpnothing have worked out. I have been researching replacements, but can't find the stock size of our matress anywhere. I know it's a split bed, and I measured and have 59x76 to work with. I messed up buying Costco folding mats, but they were too wide to both fit up there.

I've seen someone on eBay selling a new hubris bunkmatress that says 30x76.6x4 which I'm tempted to try, but wife will kill me if it don't fit and we are stuck with it for the price.

Help please. If you know the stock sizes and/or were I can source a replacement that would be awesome!
Length, width, height
17 REPLIES 17

Malster1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah we want to retain the slider on the cab over, Wife and I both have hit our head going from the front to the back and back to the front when the kids needed something.

So short queen.. So in order to retain the slide I'll need qty: 2, 30x75in mattress pads it sounds like. How tall?

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
A Full Queen will work in the cab-over (I prefer the romantic term "Loft") and allows use of standard sheets. A little hard to make but you can pick what you want. There's no need for the extra length (width of the coach body) that renders OEM cushions around or over 8-ft long.

Needless to say, doing this will make the Loft a permanent setup. For us it was worth it.

We replaced a full queen in the house and stuffed the old one into the Loft. it was an Innerspring mattress, with the hard wire around the edges. If you're buying one, DON'T get that. Get a Foam Mattress. It took three of us to cram that innerspring in place, and it stayed there for the rest of the time we had the coach. Stayed there when we sold it.

EDIT: Many places will "sell" you an RV mattress but it turns out to be an "order" and I don't want to commit to one that we can't try. Maybe in a different size, but we at least want to try it.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ronfisherman
What is known as a short queen mattress used in many RV's is 60" X 75".
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD