cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New 06' Executive Owners... Ride Home

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
Spent about 1 hour looking over the coach and proceeded with the purchase. Drove home over 2 days, and although had a few issues, it was a great, safe and memorable ride. What a Coach...!

The seller was gracious and we had a fun time learning about our new coach.

Aqua-hot is low on is it Boiler fluid? and I forgot to ask how it works.

The Seller was not very handy and usually pays for everything to be done, which is fine. I am more detailed, and now the fun starts...

I did here some metallic noise going over bumps at low speed. I think it may be the rubber bushings and the rubber in between shock absorber where they attach to the frame...?

It does porpoise a bit on dips at high speed.

When i raise the TAG, It does not lift off the ground is that normal?

The steering seems loose, and requires a lot of correction. And, when an 18 wheeler passes me on the left, my Rig pushes to the right and I have to correct to the left but the steering is loos and so i have to correct again because it goes to far left. It doesn't feel like it's accurate. It's like loose. I understand it's an RV, but what are normal steering issues that i can repair/replace to make steering and chassis like new again?

I notice that while steering, it is hard to keep her centered as she wanders left then i have to correct right. This is constantly, and requires to much attention to drive. What items can I have Source engineering do to correct these issues? I mean i see that Source has 8 Airbag Ride Enhancement kit, I wonder if they have a 10 airbag Kit...?

When i use the remote to lock the bays, i hear them click, but only a few lock...

The seller neglected to tell me that the tile behind the chair was cracked. I can only imagine it was when someone activated slide without checking if passenger chair was too close. There is tape covering the area, which i did not see until my road trip.

I would like to address these issues and more. Below are some ideas I'd like to do. Can you take a look and offer suggestions...?

1. I Will see if I can pressure wash the entire underside of coach to see about any leaks.

2. Gently spray greaser on engine and generator and rinse with hose. No Pressure water there...

3. Contact Source Engineering for replacing all shocks and ask about Ride enhancement Kit. anyone use Source?

4. Anyone upgrade their bushings?

5. I can feel the bedroom is hot when we stop. Anyone have a link to those fans that remove engine heat?

6. Any other things Inherent or I should be aware of?
06' Monaco Executive Ranier IV ~ 41' 4"
525ISX ~ Allison 4000 ~ S Series Chassis
10 Air bag/10 Source Billstein
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Last: 99' National Class A ~ 31' Ford Chassis
55 REPLIES 55

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
For now probably no...you should be able to get 110 in your front tires using the onboard compressor.After weighing and it turns out you need 115 (I doubt although I go 5+ over charts) increasing to a higher pressure would make it easier to get 115 into them.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
loydt wrote:
High rev, at least on my Camelot, turn on the cruise and press "set" while the engine is idling. It should idle up.

i'm going to try that...

HEy I found the Boost Button! I can't believe I missed it all this time.

I got the chassis batteries completed.

Washed, and scrubbed battery bays.

Changed the color from black to a metallic Silver.

Greased the slides.

Taped all wires(Portuguese Shrink-tube...)

Loosened and Wire brushed all connections from starter to all terminals inside and out of battery boxes.

Wire brushed all wires, and washers, and nuts

And When I went to pick up batteries, they wer all 12V!

I told the battery guy that they were for the coach part of the Rig.

Oh well, I had more time to get battery bays ready...

Ivy, It's to late for me to understand about the air compressor thingy, but should i make those changes your talking about?
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
BS Alert:" He said it makes the rig handle better due to the faster recovery, and faster and more volume of air".

You can increase the air system pressure up to 125-8 psi... coke can size air governor near the air compressor. Take the black rubber cap off, loosen the locking nut and turn the adjusting screw CW probably one turn.

Take the knob off the cutoff switch and then the nut that holds the switch in...should have enough slack once you remove the switch to get to the connections without cutting anything.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
Ok guys, I have heard that Monaco Battery wires may have some issues with the elements maybe corroding the terminals.

I have cleaned all wires tips with a Wire wheel, however there are a buch of wires in between the Battery boxes that are connected to the 2 Main shut off switches.

It is almost inaccessible and the battery boxes are only about 4" apart.

In order to make sure all connections are good at all terminals, where wires come together, I need to get in there.

Is it advisable to cut into battery boxes sheet metal to get at those wires that are attached to the 2 main shut off 1/4 turn switches?

some of the ones I have removed have corrosion and I would like to hit them all to remove corrosion

It seems taht the battery boxes are almost sealed to the elements but there are holes that allow air. So i guess if i cut into the boxes, I should install a bracket, or hinge to re close said boxes

I don't know how did you guys handle that?

Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
mike brez wrote:
Could make one of These

Updated version

Haha your Right MM Thank you Mike, for the links...

I like the idea of hooking into the Rigs compressor for air.

It seems a bit more proper to hook into an air compressor line.

But nevertheless, I'll be glad when i can get the tires up to 110psi...

Oh, I heard someone upgrading their air compressor to a larger and faster one and upgrading their lines on their Monaco 2006 Executive to larger than what it comes with. He said it makes the rig handle better due to the faster recovery, and faster and more volume of air...

Anyone hear that?
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Mist, FYI, you are giving me credit for things that were sent to you and links that I did not send. Others here have been more help than me.

But anyway, keep us posted on how your learning experience is going.

Safe travels!
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

loydt
Explorer
Explorer
High rev, at least on my Camelot, turn on the cruise and press "set" while the engine is idling. It should idle up.
2021 Jayco Seismic 4212 (on order)
2021 Jayco White Hawk 32BH
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 CC Cummins/Aisin Laramie Longhorn

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
.....$9.24 air chuck

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
tropical36 wrote:
Ocean Mist....
I think you need to provide more details in what you have for a coach, other than an 06 Executive and especially for the newcomers trying to understand 5 pages of posts. What engine and chassis does it have, for example, as there have been known issues with ball joints and IFS suspensions, that may apply to you?
This will get you better answers to your questions and easier, if you just make this info available in your signature. Just trying to help....

You are quite right my good man! That was careless, insensitive and not in keeping with the traditions set forth here, in this Forum. I have set back Forum Etiquette at least 20 years, and for doing so I will temporarily flame myself in a non-verbal manner in hopes that no one at home will see me as I bury my head in the sand!

See you did help...lol!

I am j/k It is late and I'm jut having some fun.

I am going to find out where my signature is and change it...
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
I do what Mike's video suggests but just using the dash gauge. With the engine only idling and the air pressure building (tapped on brakes to bleed air off) I put the hose on when the pressure gets to 105. This gives aprox a minute with the pressure above 105 which is usually enough time to top off a front tire. For the other tires I increase the idle speed as their pressures are less than the compressor cut in pressure. Helps to have a chuck that holds it's self on.

Yes, I'm trying to find out the name of the Chuck that holds itself on... Would it be called the Leech-Chuck
๐Ÿ˜›
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Mist,

The Booster switch will be on the dash, most likely on the left side of the steering wheel depending where your ignition switch is located.... and, it should say 'boost' or something to that effect.

I have the Porter-Cable 150psi pancake air compressor from Lowe's. Works very well.

I think the previous owner fibbed a little on his maintenance (taped antenna?). I think Redlands had it right on what the coach needed to make it right. I hope that your purchase price was set accordingly. ๐Ÿ˜›

Good luck,
MM.

i think your right on the money. I am going to Coburg, here soon for a Stop at Source Engineering, Kaiser Allignment and Brake, Pacific Truck center, and possibly Mackin's Customs and RV, and Elite RV restoration.

You know, without the Batteries, and the fact that I have been doing lots of work on the exterior, I haven't had a chance to go inside to look for said Boost Switch...

Also, how does one get the Rig into High Rev?

And, I like that Hose thing MM showed me. Is that a Milton double headed Air Chuck?
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Ocean_Mist
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
Mist,

The Booster switch will be on the dash, most likely on the left side of the steering wheel depending where your ignition switch is located.... and, it should say 'boost' or something to that effect.

I have the Porter-Cable 150psi pancake air compressor from Lowe's. Works very well.

I think the previous owner fibbed a little on his maintenance (taped antenna?). I think Redlands had it right on what the coach needed to make it right. I hope that your purchase price was set accordingly. ๐Ÿ˜›

Good luck,
MM.

Thanks MM for the link and upgraded links to the on-board compressor inflation video!

I almost bought the Viair 400P RV, but I didn't want to hook up to the batteries...

Then I saw a video of a Guy who used the on-board Air compressor, and I kinda liked that better.

Of course, that video was the one you sent me MM...

So, I cancelled my order for the 400P @ $171 and then I said WTH, I'll order it again and just keep it. Wouldn't ya know it Amazon wanted $256 for the same thing! ...lol They know the human mind right...

Yes, the Seller did keep that Rigs interior very clean, but the outside was in need of me.

So, I knew this seller better than he knew himself. There was no way I was getting a break on price. He loved that rig and if it wasn't for his wife wanting to spend 400k on getting a bath and a 1/2 he wasn't going to sell.

He even got teared up when it was just about to drive away...

I did so as well, when I sold our National RV 31' Dolphin, with a Ford Chassis...Many aspects of the old girl sucked, but we still cared for her..
Ralph Lauren Interior ~

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Monacos do not need\use IFS and it's a RR10S chassis pushed by a ISM. Kind of late to the party. Just trying to help...

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Ocean Mist....
I think you need to provide more details in what you have for a coach, other than an 06 Executive and especially for the newcomers trying to understand 5 pages of posts. What engine and chassis does it have, for example, as there have been known issues with ball joints and IFS suspensions, that may apply to you?
This will get you better answers to your questions and easier, if you just make this info available in your signature. Just trying to help....
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)