cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New cargo trailer tires, good news and bad ...

Desert_Captain
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just replaced the3 year old original China bombs on our 10' Cargo trailer with a pair of Goodyear Endurance. The good news is that they are amazing tires 20575R 15's, load range D, with a speed rating of 87 not that I will ever go that fast. The old Bombs had a speed rating of 55 that I rarely exceeded by more than 5 mph.

Now with these I am comfortable kicking it up to 70 on the interstates when conditions permit with no concern for the tires enabling us to make much better time/miles on the longer legs. The bad news is because I can my right foot has gotten heavier and we now comfortably cruise 65 - 70 and the mileage took a bit of hit.

I used to get 9 towing the trailer loaded with my motorcycle {loaded trailer weight of 2,200#} but the first 600 miles I saw an average of 8.12 confirmed at the pump and the Scan Gauge. Keep in mind that there is a lot of climbing between Tucson and Albuquerque and even more to get up over the pass on 64 before dropping down to Angel Fire but with gas only being $1.59 frankly Scarlet...

:C
4 REPLIES 4

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Any tire that causes you to drive faster and use more fuel will be an expensive tire (in the long run, that is). But I couldn't stomach any tires that only let me go 55! Glad you got rid of the old ones.
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use them on my boat work just great so far.boat is just over 2ton

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK, OK, we get it DC . We will set up a GoFundMe page for you 🙂

As I said before, those tires work well. Safe travels .

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tires made in Arizona are bombs.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad