cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to View

sand_crab
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Just became the proud owner of a 2013 Minn ViewProfile 24G. Traded a 2012 Roadtrek RS Adventerous 1900 miles,with wich I had become very very disenchanted. After discussions with RT Iam glad I made the swap, costly but it was definitely worth it, so much more for machine for the money, well thought out.
The why's are another story.
Only had the View for 3 days, so haven't been anywhere in it yet, will wait till after the 4th. Still loading it and adjusting to the learning curve. Question: The brochure says it has a rain sensor on the overhead vent. I haven't been able to determine where it is or if it is? Does anyone know if they have a rain sensor or is it just puff in advertising?
2013 Winnebago View Profile 24G
Volt 2012
2008 Chev Silverado 2500
Yamaha 2002 Motorscooter
5 REPLIES 5

sand_crab
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys. This is a Dometic, no sensor, at least that I can find. Added a vent cover to the bathroom fan, and turn it on and off manually, works fine. Brochure said there was a rain sensor, dealer says I have an upgrade that's why I don't have the rain sensor? Really?
2013 Winnebago View Profile 24G
Volt 2012
2008 Chev Silverado 2500
Yamaha 2002 Motorscooter

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
On the fantastic vent the rain sensor is a little circuit board under the plastic vent cover. When the vent is open any rain that hits the sensor will cause the vent to automatically close. It worked very good for us, I don't know what would happen in very humid areas or if there was heavy fog. If memory serves correctly there is a switch that allows you to turn this feature off.

jamesa403
Explorer
Explorer
I had a MB car, and the rain sensor was in the window where the rear view mirror was attached.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is it a FanTastic vent fan? If so, that sensor looks like a little circuit board. Almost like it doesn't belong there and somebody tagged it in place with a screw. I didn't trust ours, even though it never really failed us. I have a MaXXAirII cover over it. Then I found the auto feature never got out of the right side of the bed when I turned the battery disconnect ON after storage. I took a wire off the motor and put a couple washers under the knob to keep it from engaging the electric gearbox. Much happier with it as a manual vent.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I checked out your new 2013 on-line. It sure is a nice unit.

I think the rain sensor is just above the screen mounted to a bracket, opposite of the hinged side of the top cover. But not 100% positive about it.

Happy Trails!