cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold $33 million class action lawsuit

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
Some questions: (1) does everyone who owned a 1200-series refrigerator become a claimant? (2) If so, where do I go to become a claimant? We have not experienced a fire,etc. We have had to change out a circuit board and a couple of thermistors. Thanks. jim
21 REPLIES 21

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I participated in a class action lawsuit concerning a Chevy 1/2 ton pickup way back. I got a coupon for $100 off my next purchase of a GM product.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
So none of you think I'll be able to build my million dollar lakeside estate with the settlement? I had kinda thought the same thing if the truth be known. Thanks for your replies. jim

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I was part of the Class Action lawsuit against GM for the converted gas engine to diesel. What a piece of junk! Anyway, I got a check for less than $10. I lost thousands on trade on that '81 Olds Delta 88 Brougham that I bought new. By the time I got rid of it at 48,000 miles, it was drinking a quart of oil every 500 miles.

The lawyers will get all the money.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
When there is a manufacturer's recall of a product, NOT a class action lawsuit, the consumer's usually do all right. We just had a several year old dehumidifier recalled, along with millions of others, and we received the FULL retail price of that unit. Dehumidifier recall
In this case, Norcold is admitting no fault and this $33 million is just hush money to prevent any future litigation. The difference is whether or not the manufacturer wants to do the right thing or not.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago I can remember a class action suit against Levis. Think I got about $10. Can't even remember why now. :B

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
IMHO, the value in the lawsuit won't even buy you an extra Thermister.....$33 million will get you maybe a dollar once it's over..The lawyers will get 30 million and the other 3 million will be split amongst the 5 million litigants.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
For every class action suit that I have seen, you can opt in or out. Find out which attorney's office is handling the class action suit and contact them to find out if you are a part of the suit and if you want to participate or go it alone. Don't expect a big payout. Most class action lawsuits make big money for the lawyers and peanuts for the victims.