cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

On the road and due an oil change

Bill_and_Kathi
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently in Missoula, MT and are needing an oil change for our 2013 Coachmen Encounter. Does anyone know where we might get one done here. Also we will be moving on to Billings soon. Anywhere there that we might call ahead? Thanks in advance. You all seem to come through when we need it.
Bill, Kathi and Toby (the doxie) - for the "pitter patter" of little feet.

Love the "Sound of the South" at Troy University
8 REPLIES 8

Bill_and_Kathi
Explorer
Explorer
I agree. My husband was with them the whole time. Can't be to careful.

dan23
Explorer
Explorer
Geocritter wrote:
Bill and Kathi,

Iโ€™d also recommend that when you do change your oil to go with synthetic oil.

A good friend of mine provided synth oil to a shop and they were to change it out. A few days later, he checked the engine oil only to discover they'd never changed it at all.

Just sayin'.

I don't trust anyone to work on my stuff unless I can keep an eye on them.

Bill_and_Kathi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to each of you for the help/advise you gave. I know I can always count on the RV-netters to come through. I want to report we called the Valvoline Oil on W. Broadway in Missoula. They were super friendly and thought they could help us. When we arrived we found the bay door to be plenty tall but our mirrors prevented us from getting in the bay. These guys wasted no time assuring us they could change the oil in the lot and proceeded to do just that. They seemed happy we came, provided fast, excellent service and the price was reasonable. (About $60) We were very pleased and are proud to give them a good recommendation. Two of the workers helped my husband back around to get out a side entrance and two others were standing close by watching. As I passed by they shouted, "Thanks for coming in. Have a great day." Kinda puts a smile on your face.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Since your Coachman Encounter is powered by a Ford V-10 just about any Ford dealer in that part of the country should be able to change oil on it.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Bill and Kathi wrote:
We are currently in Missoula, MT and are needing an oil change for our 2013 Coachmen Encounter. Does anyone know where we might get one done here. Also we will be moving on to Billings soon. Anywhere there that we might call ahead? Thanks in advance. You all seem to come through when we need it.

Don't know if you're interested in doing your own work or not, but I've changed many behind the Walmart garages and their camp store always has everything I need. They might even be able to do it for you and if so, it's going to be a whole lot cheaper than anyplace else.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel Power just north of the airport on highway 10. Nick and his son do great work and if they can't get to it I am sure they can give you a good recommendation.

Geocritter
Explorer
Explorer
Bill and Kathi,

I admire that you want to keep to your vehicles maintenance schedule and I feel that thereโ€™s no better way to insure long engine life than frequent oil changes (I wish my RV's previous owner had been half so diligent!). However, if youโ€™re putting on highway miles youโ€™re subjecting your RVโ€™s engine to ideal engine running conditions and that goes for your motor oil as well. If weโ€™re only talking about a few thousand miles you might want to consider putting off having your oil changed until youโ€™re done with your current travels. If youโ€™re not doing it now, Iโ€™d also recommend that when you do change your oil to go with synthetic oil. Iโ€™ve used synthetic oil in my vehicles since the mid-90โ€™s and commonly put around 300,000 miles on them, and thatโ€™s changing the oil/filter every 10,000 miles.

Just my unsolicited free advice for the day and worth every penny!

Steve

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
I-State Truck Center in Billings can do it, but if they're as busy as they were last year, make sure you have an appointment. They do run a night shift also. We stayed in their yard over night. There are no Speedcos any where near you.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.