cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Phaeton vs Charleston

hammer01
Explorer
Explorer
Looking around online and i seen a 2014 Charleston 43' tag axle quad slide for about 200k and i seen a 40' single rear axle quad slide Phaeton for 300k. The options are close enough for window shopping, does anyone have a idea why there is such a tremendous difference in price?

Jeff
2 REPLIES 2

wnytaxman
Explorer
Explorer
hammer01 wrote:
Looking around online and i seen a 2014 Charleston 43' tag axle quad slide for about 200k and i seen a 40' single rear axle quad slide Phaeton for 300k. The options are close enough for window shopping, does anyone have a idea why there is such a tremendous difference in price?

Jeff

I think there are a couple of reasons for the large swing in price. We have found, when we shopped for our rig, that Forest River will be very aggressive in pricing. They want to grow their market share and seem to have been very successful in their growth. Tiffin, on the other hand, has been very high on the sales list for years and we have found Tiffin dealers to have an attitude of "here's my price, take it or leave it." For both brands I would suggest you check out the Forest River Owners' Group forum and the Tiffin RV Network Forum for the good, the bad, and the ugly of both brands.

As a side note we have been very happy with our Forest River Berkshire and the support of both the dealer and the manufacturer. Even items out of warranty have been resolved by Forest River so I can heartily recommend that brand.
2018.5 Entegra Aspire 44R on order, 2011 Berkshire 390BH traded

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
You'll have to go deeper into the specifications of each coach for a price comparison. What are the drive trains, who made the chassis, what material is used for the flooring, AC's or heat pumps, residential fridge, single of dual baths, generator size,,,? There is one additional factor that is a bit harder to priced, market demand and manufacture supply.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53