cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Poop water is everywhere

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I can laugh now but I wasn't laughing a couple of days ago.

DW and I went camping for several days and came back over the weekend. There was no sewer dump where we went. I have a macerator and a 100-foot line so I can dump my tanks into my septic, so that wasn't a problem.

We unloaded Monday and Tuesday was time for the M/H cleanup, which included dumping the tanks. Everything was all hooked up. I had a hundred foot of hose laid out from the M/H through the fence to the cleanout on the back patio. I stuffed about 5 foot of hose down the septic line and I'm ready to go. It works so well. It's never messy and there's very little to clean up afterward,,, or so I thought.

The tanks are pretty full and it was going to take a little while to empty them. Of course, I always dump the black tank first. After I turned the pump on, I was putting a few things away and I walk beside the house and the sewer odor over there was horrible. I'm thinking the wind caught everything just right and was blowing the stink over to that side of the house. I walk that way again a couple of minutes later, it's getting worse and the odor is now spreading all over my land. What the heck, there shouldn't be that much odor but it is what it is and it'll dissipate shortly when I close up everything. It will only take another 10 minutes or so.

Here comes the grind. I've got a Boxer that's two or three years old and is very playful and mischievous. Murphy is his name and it's fitting (Murphy's law). If anyone has ever had a Boxer, you know what I'm talking about. He's in the backyard and he's grunting and barking acting like a complete moron, so I'm yelling at him to shut up. That doesn't do any good so I walk back there and what do I see. YUP, that dumb a$$ dog has got the macerator hose pulled out of the septic clean out and it's in his mouth. He's running around playing, all the while, brown water is shooting all over the place. I start yelling at him to drop it and of course, he thinks that means LETS PLAY. So here he is, running around me, growling, romping and jumping with the sewer hose spewing everywhere including on himself. My pants legs and shoes are getting soaked. I'm screaming at the dog to stop while I'm chasing him around in a circle wading in a half inch of poop water on the patio. Well, it didn't take me long to figure out, he's not stopping and he's not letting go of the hose and the macerator is pumping away and it isn't going to stop either. I run to the M/H to shut the pump off. At least, it's not spewing anymore but there are 15 or 20 gallons of poop water standing on the back patio.

After I calmed down, I'm trying to assess the situation and figure out now what. I'll take things in order. Wash the dog IN COLD WATER (a little revenge here). I have to do that in the front yard since there's no place in the back to stand without making a bigger mess. Of course, this stupid a$$ dog is enjoying it and does the shimmy shake as soon as I get him wet so he's slinging a mist of poop water all over me. After a 20 minute bath, I get him in the house to dry off and I tackle the poop lake on the patio. Three gallons of bleach, a power washer and an hour of time things are back to normal,,, if there is such a thing. I finally start over and finish dumping the tanks. With the dog in the house, it works just like it should have done to start with.

Lesson learned: Don't dump the tanks at home using the macerator with Murphy outside.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C
40 REPLIES 40

StuckinTracy
Explorer
Explorer
Holy CR*P (pun intended). Thanks, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
10 Rally's and counting...

Mike (me-pilot)
Gail ("I'M THE BOSS"-navigator)

Stuck in a tent but looking

Good Sam Life members
FMCA 370826

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
That's as bad as the guy at the dump station dumping his black tank wearing no shoes, and using no hose. He just opens it up and its splashing everywhere. I decided to go to the office and let them know what he was doing. I drove back and got in line again. Here comes the manager with his hands in the air.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
I think for now on when someone posts about a poop disaster, we should call it a Murphy.

I'll second that motion. ๐Ÿ™‚

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for sharing your story. I laughed so hard nearly spit coffee on the key board. LOL You may laugh as well in a few years. And on the plus side you may have a really green spot on the lawn next year.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Mickeyfan0805
Explorer
Explorer
Miserable experience - great story! Thanks for the funny start to the day!

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, I needed that laugh today..
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

Yeti_plus
Explorer
Explorer
Murphy was just helping fertilize the lawn around the patio!:)
Wait a few months and let us know how long the grass gets around the patio.
This had me laughing first thing in the morning.
2014 Chevrolet 3500 CC 4X4 Duramax, Tork Lift Tiedowns, TorkLift Fastguns, Superhitch and supertruss
2009 Jayco 213 SOLD
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Tinstar, that story is sure hard to beat. Glad that you can laugh now but I can only imagine the mess.

Bad Murphy, bad... LOL! :E

Safe and clean travels!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Wow, just Wow!"

LMAO!

:B

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Almost everybody has a black water story. But yours is the best!
Thanks for the laugh.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

egh33
Explorer
Explorer
I bet you still love that dog.

Tripalot
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to you, my day started with a good laugh. Thanks for sharing.
2014 Triple E Regency GT24MB (Murphy Bed) with all the good stuff
towing a 2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Berkley, the amazing camping cat missed dearly (1996-2012)

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer
3 boxers here, gotta love 'em.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think for now on when someone posts about a poop disaster, we should call it a Murphy.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
That's a classic.

Thanks for sharing (and admitting) your experience. :B