cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power mirrors, 1994 Fleetwood Southwind Ford

Jampa
Explorer
Explorer
Recently bought this rig. Sat for 3 years with minimal upkeep. Discovered the power rearview side mirrors won't operate. No one wants to touch it. RV service centers say it's a "Chassis" issue. Auto service and repair centers say its for someone with the schematics. Auto electric service shop says doesn't have the manufacturer electrical schematics!?!
I just want diagnosis and repair.
8 REPLIES 8

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Do NOT take your RV to any RV Service center that states it is a "chassis" issue for your mirrors. ALL Class A mirrors are Coach maker installed. Not chassis maker parts.
2. They are either Velvac or Ramco.
3. If both mirrors are inop, the odds are it is either the fuse or the dash switch. Doug

jcthorne
Explorer
Explorer
The mirrors themselves are likely Velvac. Take a look around thier web site and see if you can find the service data.
2008 Damon 3575 (38ft, forward kitchen)on Ford 22k chassis

Jampa
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the advice and quick response.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I went and got package from my rig.
The following items work through the ignition relay; power seat, power window, mirror heaters, fog lights.
Verify if the other items work or not.
Fuse for mirrors appear to be F9 a 20 amp blade fuse.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Mirrors work through a fuse in the battery control center under the hood driver's side.
This portion of the "chassis" electrical works through the ignition relay. The ignition relay energizes after the chassis battery receive a quick charge after start up. Usually 10-20 seconds.
I would have to get drawing from my rig, but there is a few other items that work through the ignition relay. Items added by Fleetwood and wired to the battery control center. My ignition relay failed several times until I sealed the metal can with silicone before installing the last one.
Make sure that this relay is energizing and is putting power through it. The coil connections corrode.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
you can go online to fleetwood and find owners manual,and it shows a lot

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
I had a 1999 south wind and there was a fuse in the control box in the motor compartment 5 amp?

happy-2
Explorer
Explorer
have you tried the fuse? i believe there is a fuse for the mirrors