cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

problem roof air

golfman_1
Explorer
Explorer
Dometic 13550 roof air. When it is 92 outside the compressor runs a little and cuts off never getting to set temp 0f 74. Whens its 82 it works fine and keeps it cool.
Help
2000 Mountain Aire 4093 Double slide DP"the Dreamweaver"

2001 Honda Odyssey

Retired and living life to the max.

See you on the road.

5 REPLIES 5

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
X3, I would go for the sensor first, however, it never hurts to remove the shroud on top and wash it out.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Also make sure the outside coil is clean. Just because it looks clean doesn't mean it is clean. You should be able to see all the way through it. Cottonwood loves getting sucked in.

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
X-2 Freezing...check the sensor ours fell off once and I put it back in place. No problem since.

I did find that if I set the thermostat a little bit warmer than the coldest setting it would prevent the icing problem.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Running the fan on HI will help to keep it from freezing.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
it sounds like the coil is freezing up which could happen due to humidity....there is a sensor in there that when it thinks it is happening will cut the compressor off until it thinks the ice melts. You need to check that sensor and make sure it is positioned properly or you will get these false cutoffs...or you might have a slight leak and are low on refrigerant which also triggers freeze ups...if it seems to work fine when temps are in the 80's..look up the freeze up sensor and the proper placement of it.
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)