cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Propane fill up locations Syracuse area

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Finally going on our first road trip with our new to us MH for a weekend shopping in Syracuse NY. I was wondering if anyone knows an easy location to pull in for propane in that area. We're coming in from the north through Ogdensburg to Watertown.

Thanks

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)
11 REPLIES 11

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
JeffAndMaria wrote:
I don't know if this is helpful for RV'ers, but I found this handy search site from the U.S. government:

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/propane_locations.html

Sadly, if that's IT, I'm 48 miles from my nearest fill-up at one of my favorite camping area, Lee Vining, CA!

I think those are stations that are setup to refuel propane powered vehicles. The garden center that I get my propane tanks refilled at is not listed there.

JeffAndMaria
Explorer
Explorer
Another tip I'm exploring... Do a Google Maps search like: LP near Lee Vining, CA

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=LP+near+lee+vining,+ca&hl=en&sll=32.678125,-83.178297&sspn=5.020219,9...

JeffAndMaria
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if this is helpful for RV'ers, but I found this handy search site from the U.S. government:

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/propane_locations.html

Sadly, if that's IT, I'm 48 miles from my nearest fill-up at one of my favorite camping area, Lee Vining, CA!

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Burgy wrote:
FYI...

Lots of construction in SYR.. 690 west bound is closed starting today thrugh Monday so depending on how you are coming in I would look for another way!

Thanks Brugy;
I'll be coming down the 81 and getting off at Kriville Road heading east for Green Lakes State Park as our base for shopping.
However its good to know as we'll be spending Saturday all around SYR.

Chris
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System

Burgy
Explorer
Explorer
FYI...

Lots of construction in SYR.. 690 west bound is closed starting today thrugh Monday so depending on how you are coming in I would look for another way!

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Try contacting campgrounds on your route. Many campgrounds we've been to have propane filling stations... I would assume they would be happy to take money from someone even if they are not actually staying at the campground.

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all;

Supermod83; looking at mapquest I guess that would be exit 32 off of the 81. That would probably be my first choice as it is on the route down.

wny_pat; Thanks for link, that gives me some alternatives if I miss the exit above.

Tmmar; I'll be visiting Camping World but I was hoping to avoid going into Syracuse with the MH as I'll probably be there around rush hour this evening. Also the last time I was there in my toad got turned around and ended up on the toll road. My GPS just seems to be too slow in that area โ€“ I could see where I wanted to be, but couldn't get there from the road I was on.

Chris

supermod38
Explorer
Explorer
cvbdsl wrote:
Finally going on our first road trip with our new to us MH for a weekend shopping in Syracuse NY. I was wondering if anyone knows an easy location to pull in for propane in that area. We're coming in from the north through Ogdensburg to Watertown.

Thanks

Chris

don't know your exact route but i am near Fulton NY, north of Syracuse. there is two or three places in Fulton that can sell you LP.

probably your best bet is right off Rt 81 at Central Square, don't know the exit #. there is a dealer close to 81 just east on route 49. they have propane, gas and diesel. and the last time i was there real good food in the dinner close by.

good luck, i guess you will be shopping at the New Destiny, it is quite a mall, you will enjoy it.
Not here for a long time, just a*GOOD* time;)

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
http://local.yahoo.com/NY/Syracuse/Home+Garden/Utilities/Propane

And local prices: http://www.9wsyr.com/content/news/gas_prices/propane.aspx

And I remember seeing some places around Watertown, but don't remember where they are.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

tmmar
Explorer
Explorer
There is a Campingworld at 7030 Interstate Island Rd, Syracuse, NY 13209 phone- 888-501-6903. They are off I-690 at exit 2. You could give them a call and see if they sell propane or maybe they can tell you where you can get some.
2014 40' Forest River Berkshire DP Bunkhouse

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I can't help you! I am wondering the same thing, How do you find places to get propane filled. Not that you have to do it very often.......I am in Florida West Coast near Homosassa area!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992