cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pulling a trailer with a 2004 RT

RT_Silver_Strea
Explorer
Explorer
Hello I have a 2004 Road-trek popular 190 with 99000 miles and in good condition and always had the transmission fluid changed every 6000 miles
Im considering hauling a king size bedroom set(or what I can fit in a 6 x 14 ft enclosed trailer) Im hauling it about 2000 miles .

My question is Im wondering if this would be to much on my roadtrek but its quite expensive to have the furniture shipped so what are your thoughts ?
Thanks SS
6 REPLIES 6

RT_Silver_Strea
Explorer
Explorer
Morning thanks for latest updates , I have the Chevy manual and Im going to drive the RT to FL for the winter with or without the trailer ,I know it use more gas pulling the trailer but I would have to figure out how much total load of furniture would be plus trailer weight , I guess wear and tear on my RT is my main concern , it is xway all the way ,I considered selling furniture but its a pretty nice set and my WIFE wants it so it has to go ,if you know what i mean !I have been checking the moving co and those pack and haul places but we live away from the big towns so that cuts down my choices ,so thanks for your input and Ill keep exploring my options.
Thanks SS

TinyoneRV
Explorer
Explorer
You can find the Chevy manual online. The tow rating is 6400 or 6600 pounds depending on the axle ratio. The GCWR is 12,000 pounds for either.

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I'd run some numbers to see if it's worth it.

You are looking at around 5 tanks of fuel, meals, maybe overnight parking somewhere and several days of your time. Plus wear and tear on your van and the risk of a breakdown or flat tire, etc.

Is this furniture worth that much? It may be better to sell it on craigslist and buy some more at the destination.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
what are the ratings on your road trek? I have seen Bs with up to a 10,000 lb. hitch with about 7-8,000 lbs. capacity?
bumpy

RT_Silver_Strea
Explorer
Explorer
Chevy with a 6.0

OpenRangePullen
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't sound like a problem, What Engine and make is the chassie?
2013 OpenRange Roamer 395bhs
2022 F350srw Limited, tower
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, daily
2002 Accord V6/5spd, project
2014 Kawasaki Concours