cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puzzler of the day -- models on dealer lots, not on website

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
While browsing RV Trader, I noticed a model from Forest River I've not seen before -- the Sunseeker 2430S, which is a B+ on a Ford E-450 chassis. It has a floorplan very similar to the Nexus RV model with a full wall slide allowing for the dinette and the queen bed to be usable. However, it isn't on FR's website, but putting "Sunseeker 2430S" in your search engine of choice brings up RV dealers selling it.

Is it normal for a RV maker to not list a model that is being sold?
12 REPLIES 12

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Happens often at this time of year. 2016 brochures and websites will be made up fall and winter 2014 based on meetings with customers (dealers are the manufacturers' customers) and production of 2016,brochure models starts Jan-March 2015 with first deliveries April and May.

When models don't sell early spring, dealers feed retail customers' concerns back to factory sales staff, unpopular models don't get made anymore (some may not get made ever) and production shifts to models features that are selling. Additional models are introduced to retail customer preferences, never make any retail catalog, though dealers should have catalog pages for these.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
Still not on their website.

Maybe it is a good thing. It is always nice to see new floor plans come out.

Edited -- surprise... the 2400W is a Sprinter model with the same floorplan.

LI-Camper
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk and Jayco's website only shows 2015 Greyhawks.
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
Sold 2004 Jayco 27DS MH
Wherever you go, there you are!!

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:

Was the pre-production ArticFox for sale or just display. That would have been cool to see.

For sale, the 39ft toy hauler is a real monster
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Not unusual for web sites to lag behind current model introductions.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
Cool info. Are the special editions better or not as good as the "regular" ones?

Is it upgrades -like Lowe's sometimes has on their "Lowe's exclusive" appliances?

Or less-expensive parts to give a lower price -like we've read happens with stuff at big-box membership stores?

Can't give an example of the latter, btw. Just something that I read happens.
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco does that often too. I believe they make "special" models for retailers like Camping World that only have a few cosmetic changes.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
And ours turned out to be a Camping World Edition from Coachmen in 2008. Made it a bit of a challenge to find the corresponding unit from Coachmen.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
GMandJM wrote:
"Normal"? Not sure. But does it happen? Yes - especially if that is a new for 2016 model. They sometimes make sure the dealers have them before the official rollout of the new model year.
I experienced the very situation earlier this year with 2016 Jayco TTs.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
And Sherman RV in MS is/was the only place that had VanLeigh 5Ws on their lot. VanLeigh's web site didn't even have pictures up yet.

Was the pre-production ArticFox for sale or just display. That would have been cool to see.

EDIT: THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT!
It's his Super Power!

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Happens
Thunder RV in Oregon has (had?) the two initial production Desert Fox Toy-Hauler 5ers from Northwoods, weeks after they had them in-stock Northwoods had still not updated their web-site to even show those models existed.
Another dealer had the only example of an Arctic Fox camper that Northwoods decided not to take into production.
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
"Normal"? Not sure. But does it happen? Yes - especially if that is a new for 2016 model. They sometimes make sure the dealers have them before the official rollout of the new model year.
It's his Super Power!