cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Quartzsite, Where & When ?

mci7
Explorer
Explorer
Been wanting to visit the event at Quartzsite in Jan, never been there, hope sone obe has details of it .
Thanks
Dave M
Dave M
Central Virginia
Had MCI Conversion 20+ yrs
Presently 2001 Foretravel w/ISM500
Usual Toad 2004 F150 Ford w/Can Am 800 Max
43 REPLIES 43

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
We'll be in Greasewood 1/20 and maybe some of us can connect up.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

MrWizard
We leave for there Sat night stop along the way arrive on Sunday
Don't know yet where we will park/camp
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
Spent a few weeks there a couple years ago. Amazing experience! It is a GOTTA DO for sure.
John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my 'nagagator'! She tells me where to go.
Enjoying our 2006 Roadtrek Adventurs RS

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Well, 2 weeks later and just a couple days before the "big tent" show and things are still waaaay down from years past. Plomosa Rd had 13 rigs parked that could bee seen from the road, as we drove past, including the host. Tyson Wash had a fair number, but still waaaay down for this time of year. Rice Ranch RV Park was less than ยฝ full, and that is right across from the big tent. It appears that the Boomers are passing Quartzsite by for different pastures.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure you tilt the panels. I see a serious difference this time of year. (Q is the only time I tilt them)
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

Danhannah
Explorer
Explorer
CA Thanks for the tips!

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW We'll be in Greasewood 1/20-23 and I'm really excited about this because it will be our first boondocking with the new solar! :C

Anyone else be around at that time? Of course in that area we'll have to put up with our neighbors gens! ๐Ÿ˜ž But it's a club rally and I'll just have to grin and bear it - not that I've ever run the gen in the past?

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks guys as my resource for the CG showed otherwise. But Rice Ranch is a familiar name.

Bob

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
BTW In the ancient past I called Holiday Palms CG (the CG adjacent to 88Shades) for a overnight stay. They absolutely would not accept us because of our indoor cat. Really? So I called 88Shades and I've used their facilities to change my oil and used the pressure washer. A good find for us and later learned that both CGs have the same owner?

Disclaimer: The present rig has full air suspension and leveling. I will not go under it for any reason even though the 88Shades oil change station has a 1' clearance. Several years ago a OR tech was killed in southern CA when he cut a air line. Safety first.

Bob

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Minnie_Collector wrote:
CA Traveler, WOW, what a great resource for us. Thank you for taking the time to post this. You posted an Underpass on Rt 10, can you easily get across there if you were staying at 88Shades. I wonder what the deal is with the campground across the street from the big tent. Is there any way to know the name of it so I could reserve a site at that location. Thanks for all your help

The CG across the street from the big tent (directly east across 95), is the Rice Ranch RV Park. They don't take reservations, nothing on their website anyway, but they have lots of space. Last year full hook ups were $33 and dry camping was $7 a night. the location is what works for us.

:C

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
The CG may be Prospectors Panarama RV Park. Maybe you could use the 88Shades wash but you could walk down Main and through Greasewood. Or the 95 bridge over I10 is one of the few areas with a sidewalk and you'll have lots of company with other walkers!

Bob

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
The RV park across the street, east of the big tent is Rice Ranch.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Minnie_Collecto
Explorer
Explorer
CA Traveler, WOW, what a great resource for us. Thank you for taking the time to post this. You posted an Underpass on Rt 10, can you easily get across there if you were staying at 88Shades. I wonder what the deal is with the campground across the street from the big tent. Is there any way to know the name of it so I could reserve a site at that location. Thanks for all your help
Travelling with our spoiled 4-legged kids

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK Here's my take on Q. For easy walking or bicycles Greasewood dry camping at $7 a night is one possibility. Big tent area parking is usually limited. Any CG in Q is within easy bicycle range but be advised there is heavy vehicle traffic during the shows. Most CGs require a reservation during the shows and are closed in the summer. 88Shades at $27 is open all year with a decent transient area. Also included is a DIY oil change station and pressure washer - very unusual. We overnight there in the hot summer since they have 50A power. All other open areas on this picture will be either RV dealers or CGs.

Bob