cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReadyBrake Failure Coupler

DrifterRV
Explorer
Explorer
I had a problem with Coupler on this tow bar system that loosened up and made the vehicle wander and jerk making noise, so I called the company and they said that some of there units had bad parts and that they had revised and fixed the problems but would not replace the parts under there lifetime warranty. So buyer beware, the new style coupler cost over 400.00.
Mike & Sharon
37 REPLIES 37

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
J-Rooster wrote:
Drifter, what was the brand name of your tow system! The reason I asked is so others may check there system. Glad to hear everything turned out O.K. and you got off the road safely.

As he wrote in the subject line, "ReadyBrake".
Sorry Dutch, I'll call that a senior moment! I missed it when the DW was talking to me as I was reading the post! I'm not a very good multi tasker like the DW!

Billinwoodland
Explorer
Explorer
DrifterRV wrote:
I had a problem with Coupler on this tow bar system that loosened up and made the vehicle wander and jerk making noise, so I called the company and they said that some of there units had bad parts and that they had revised and fixed the problems but would not replace the parts under there lifetime warranty. So buyer beware, the new style coupler cost over 400.00.

I have this system. I can't quite comprehend what part of it would cause the toad to wander. The only thing I can think of is the receiver portion of the hitch that has the arm that activates the brake. If this unit broke, I can see problems. More details would help.
2008 Monaco Monarch 34 sbd

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
J-Rooster wrote:
Drifter, what was the brand name of your tow system! The reason I asked is so others may check there system. Glad to hear everything turned out O.K. and you got off the road safely.

But ReadyBrake makes the Brut, and it also sells an inline unit that fits other brand towbars. I use a ReadyBrake with a Demco bar. Also would like to know what part is at fault?

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
J-Rooster wrote:

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
RichNewcome wrote:
Could you please more clearly describe what part you are referring to as the "coupler"?

Yes please be specific and a picture would be nice too. There are many on this forum that have this equipment and are very interested in your post. Thanks!
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer

RichNewcome
Explorer
Explorer
Could you please more clearly describe what part you are referring to as the "coupler"?

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
Well that's rather stupid of them. I guess they'll wait until somebody sues them for damages to their motorhome and car because their faulty coupler parts failed and caused the car to run into the back of the motorhome.
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear