cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear windows won't open

Doclocke
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2014 Pleasure-Way Lexor over the winter, and have spent most of today uncovering it and getting it ready for the road.

Everything is working fine, except for the two windows in the rear doors. There is a release handle (rocking type) on the rear windows, as well as on the window in the side door. The side door window releases and opens as expected, but neither rear window will function. The handle seems to be locked by something or other, and I can't get it to budge at all.

I've tapped on the windows from the inside to release any sticking, but that made no difference. Can anyone suggest anything that might help me get some rear ventilation in my rig?
5 REPLIES 5

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Doclocke wrote:

Since there are no screens on those windows, I had decided to just forget about ever opening them even if I found a way to do it, because they'd be nothing but a convenient entry point for mosquitoes and other insects.

On the other hand, you can buy fabric screening at most fabric stores; and by gluing some magnets into a hem, you could create some screens for when you are camped and just enjoying a nice breeze?
This.

We bought some Skeeter Beaters for the front windows on our B and I've used one for a back window at night - fits perfectly and I get a cross breeze.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Doclocke wrote:

Since there are no screens on those windows, I had decided to just forget about ever opening them even if I found a way to do it, because they'd be nothing but a convenient entry point for mosquitoes and other insects.

On the other hand, you can buy fabric screening at most fabric stores; and by gluing some magnets into a hem, you could create some screens for when you are camped and just enjoying a nice breeze?
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Doclocke
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your replies, Booster and Islandman. I removed the screws you both referred to, and just like magic the windows could be opened as designed.

Since there are no screens on those windows, I had decided to just forget about ever opening them even if I found a way to do it, because they'd be nothing but a convenient entry point for mosquitoes and other insects. The point about exhaust fumes is also a good one, so all things considered, I replaced the two screws and won't give it another thought.

Thanks again for being so helpful.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
X2 - I had the same situation with our PW when we purchased it from the prior owner; forget if there was screws or some other kind of fastener but it was fairly simple to get the handle to operate. Just be careful in your generator use and close the rear windows to prevent fumes from entering.

booster
Explorer
Explorer
They probably have a screw in the handle assembly to stop the window from being opened. It is a safety thing because of exhaust fumes when driving. The screws are usually easy to remove, as they were in our Chevy Roadtrek.