cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

ROADMASTER RM253 for my motorhome?

Nowitall
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like it's time for new tires. My rv is a Fleetwood Gas Southwind 32vs on the Workhorse Chassis. Anyone have an opinion on using ROADMASTER RM253 19.5 tires on this unit?

Thanks!
nowitall@gmail.com
2004 Southwind 32VS (8.1 Litre Chebby)
2009 Mazda Tribute Toadie
Finally escaped the hoomidity and skeeters for the Front Range of Colorado!

Travelin' By RV
4 REPLIES 4

Nowitall
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be putting the Roadmaster RM170s on the Windy in a couple weeks. They look like the most affordable fit for our driving style: monthly short journeys with the occasional long trip.

The pricing compared to Goodyears or Michelins is dramatically cheaper, too.
nowitall@gmail.com

Travelin' By RV

Nowitall
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, RDG, that is exactly the info I'ma needing!
nowitall@gmail.com

Travelin' By RV

RDG
Explorer
Explorer
Nowitall wrote:
Looks like it's time for new tires. My rv is a Fleetwood Gas Southwind 32vs on the Workhorse Chassis. Anyone have an opinion on using ROADMASTER RM253 19.5 tires on this unit?

Thanks!

The RM253 is a drive tire, not an all position tire. It would make a great rear tire if you needed all season traction. You should not use a drive tire in a steer position. I have the RM170 all position tires on our Motorhome. Nice smooth ride.

RoadMaster Truck Tires by Cooper
2001 Forest River Georgetown 346S Motorhome

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
I just put Toyo 19.5's on mine (see rig below). Had RV Mich tire's on it before. I went with the H load rating, standard truck tires. Much better ride and handling. I'm very impressed with them. They came from a large mobile truck tire dealer. All 6 were spin balanced. Got them in early March they had a 01.2014 production date on all 6. $2280 ttl.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".