cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Stolen Yesterday

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit was stolen from the locked lot in the community we live in on July 11,2016 in the early morning hours. We are devastated, we bought new and have taken excellent care of her. We were leaving next Friday on our first ever month long trip. This after having to put my 14 year old Jack Russell down that we have had since she was a baby, last Tuesday. We are struggling with the loss of both.
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL
35 REPLIES 35

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We too will recommend rescue dogs. All of ours have been rescues and great.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

BobR
Explorer
Explorer
Another person recommending a rescue dog. I've had two and they are the best. They really do appreciate having a home and people of their own.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
😞 I hope you had insurance. If you did try to remember everything you had in the coach. Hopefully it will all work out for the better for you.

Feel very bad for your dog too. Nothing will replace the dog but I've found happiness in another dog in similar situations.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
That was a fast find! Hopefully the insurance company settles fairly and it can be cleaned up and repaired and back on the road soon!
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

Gator48
Explorer
Explorer
Wow so sorry for both your losses. Especially your fur child.
They mean so much to us and it's so hard to lose them.

Good luck in recovering your motor home, and I also recommend rescues we have 2.

Also everyone please visit bestfriends.org
they do so much good work.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
There's a bunch of really good dogs that need good homes. We lost our two border collies 2 weeks apart. Really sucks bad! We got a rescue dog a week later. She doesn't replace our old dogs but she brings joy to our home and we try to offer her a happy life. She's been with us a year. You should consider a getting a rescue dog. She made us laugh when we had no other reason to. I'd give her credit for rescuing us. Think about it.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
tmarie416 wrote:
The power of social media is a wonderful thing. Our RV was found due to everyone spreading the word! It is in rough condition, found in the cesspool of Moon Lake. We are awaiting the insurance inspection, amazing how much damage pigs can do in 48 hours. If insurance decides to repair, it is going to take months, so no vacation in it any time soon. You never think your going to be in this situation, like right out of an episode of Cops. It was buried rear wheels up to the axles. we were there until after 11pm to get it pulled out! We are going to choose for this to be another story to add to the many we already have, and hopefully many more to come. We will not allow the low life's of this world to steal our sanity and our belief that there are so many truly good people in this world. Thank everyone for spreading the word, your prayers and caring words, you made this unbearable situation bearable...

I was not going to recount our full experience until you came to a point like this or replacement. If insurance does not total, I would suggest that you look through everything. Empty the coach, wash everything, get a new mattress, steam clean what you can. Remove vent covers but do not feel in there with unprotected hands.

Now it took almost 6 weeks for them to find ours. A guy was living in it in a nearby city.

Even though the insurance had paid our claim, when ours was found they let us get some personal items. Our first target was to gather anything that had our name and address on it. We found some clothes, dishes and many small items. We even got the 50 amp autoformer back. I suppose they did not understand it and how expensive it was.

Everything we were able to retrieve was cleaned/washed before it went into the new coach.

During this, we found paraphernalia under the bed, behind the slide wall and in vents. Be careful. The insurance and police may not have found everything. Sorry to scare you but you need to be cautious and thorough. What does the police report say? It will give you an idea of what the perps' intent was.

The column, of course, was torn out to bypass steering. All bays had been ripped open. The batteries were gone, so we could not put out slides. We did not want the sleep number bed. There were things mashed into the carpet and we did not know if it was a 6 week old Twinky or maybe worse.

Be advised that we called the police and the police had finished the investigation and did not care about more paraphernalia. They told us to advise the insurance company, which we did. The MH was on an auction lot for resale.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! I'm so sorry for both your losses!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
tderonne wrote:
Your insurance may cover renting a motorhome while yours is getting fixed. Check your policy, look for something about "loss of use" or something like that.
If not, rent one anyway to regain your sanity.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
How do I post a photo

Go to the following URL/Llink and follow the prompts.. it will let you upload your photo to DROPBOX. then it will give you a link to copy and paste (Do not use the tools bar on the advanced post form, Just copy and paste the link as the site gives it to you;

Forums Dropbox Photo Tool
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for letting us know it was found. I'm so sorry. I agree with Dance Chick - hang tough.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

tderonne
Explorer
Explorer
Your insurance may cover renting a motorhome while yours is getting fixed. Check your policy, look for something about "loss of use" or something like that.
Tim

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 31Y
Ford chassis

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!!! Really, really sorry for your situation. Let's hope insurance won't repair it, and you can go on the hunt for a new one and salvage your sanity and vacation. Take a hard stand with the insurance and don't let them give you the run around. If you feel uncomfortable repairing it for any reason, hold them to the fire. Hoping for the best for you.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

tmarie416
Explorer
Explorer
The power of social media is a wonderful thing. Our RV was found due to everyone spreading the word! It is in rough condition, found in the cesspool of Moon Lake. We are awaiting the insurance inspection, amazing how much damage pigs can do in 48 hours. If insurance decides to repair, it is going to take months, so no vacation in it any time soon. You never think your going to be in this situation, like right out of an episode of Cops. It was buried rear wheels up to the axles. we were there until after 11pm to get it pulled out! We are going to choose for this to be another story to add to the many we already have, and hopefully many more to come. We will not allow the low life's of this world to steal our sanity and our belief that there are so many truly good people in this world. Thank everyone for spreading the word, your prayers and caring words, you made this unbearable situation bearable...
Tina & Greg Cornell
2004 Georgie Boy Pursuit
2007 Chevy HHR
Trinity, FL