Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saturn Sky Redline

johnbo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi

As anyone ever flat towed a Saturn Sky Red Line Automatic. I see that Remco as a Lube Pump listed for the 2007. However Blue Ox does not list a base plate for it. Just curious if any one out there knows of anyone Flat Towing this vehicle ? Thank You John
6 REPLIES 6

sdbounderdiesel
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pontiac Solstice GXP that I tow behind my motorhome in an enclosed car trailer (Haulmark). I would not recommend flat towing a Solstice or a Sky behind any vehicle. First of all I don't think the car's front suspension and steering components are rugged enough to handle the stress and strain of flat towing. Over time, I think you'll probably bend or break something. The car is also extremely low to the ground. Bottoming out may be an issue. Also, when its being towed behind a motorhome, it will be buffeted with dirt and debris flying up from beneath the motorhome. If I were you I'd look into some sort of trailering option.

uncle_t
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Sky turbo 5 speed and it could not be towed 4 down.
2020 Integra 36U
can am spyder or can am commander
BE PREPARED- NEVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Could I be correct in saying that if BlueOx does not make a baseplate for a particular (recent) vehicle....It cannot (or should not) be towed 4-down?

Just askin'

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
They told us that it was the transmission that did not allow it to be towed. We were going to order a new one.

johnbo
Explorer
Explorer
Hi I started looking into it when I saw that the Pontiac Solstice is listed by blue ox as having a base plate available (but not the turbo ) Then I notice that Remco was listing a lube pump for the Saturn Sky. The Sky and the Solstice have the same frame and chassis. I had originally heard that it could not be flat towed. Now Im not sure. That is why I decided to put it on the forum in case someone out there as done it. Also would be nice to hear from someone who might be flat towing the Solstice. Thank You

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
When we were looking at it could not be towed.