Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Seats in a 2021 Forester Classic w/ Ford 450 chassis

Bandaid
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

We are about to take delivery of a very gently used 2021 Forester Classic, 2861. The coach is great, but the drivers and passengers seats look and feel like an after thought! The only adjustments are to recline the back some and to move the seats forward and back some. I need some up and down adjustment, as sitting in the seat, the steering wheel is barely below my sight line! Has anyone tried to put electric seat adjusters under the factory seats? Or, is there a way to raise the seat and make them more comfortable without laying out well over a $1k for aftermarket seats?

Thanks,
Bandaid
7 REPLIES 7

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Boat cushion!
On a serious note, Iโ€™d bet โ€œmostโ€ Cs donโ€™t have power seats. The mfgs buy full lots of the most stripped down cargo chassis to build on.
Sounds like an expensive project if youโ€™re not handy enough to do it yourself.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
One simple, inexpensive, low-tech solution to a too-low seat is to sit on a cushion. When I travel with my dear mother in my motorhome, she does this and it makes a big difference for her comfort. (I assume it would also help with vision when driving, but usually I am doing pretty much all of the driving. That's in no way a reflection on her driving skills, I hasten to add; she's an excellent, safe driver.)

Bandaid
Explorer
Explorer
Spacers are certainly a temporary fix. When I was sitting in the seat briefly, I did tilt the wheel down, which got it out of my line of sight. Still though, I felt like I was sitting on the floor!
This morning I was reading through the sales brochure and saw where Forester offer the six way power seat as an option. Why it is not on this rig, I don't know, but it should have been! I am going to see what it cost to have it installed. I live on the east coast of Florida and searching for a Forester dealership, only two came up. and they are not close to me. My search continues! Thanks for your help guys.
Bandaid

Tom_Anderson
Explorer
Explorer
If the only problem is the steering wheel to seat relationship, you can just tilt the wheel down. But if you need the seat to be higher, I would go with the previous suggestion and put in some spacers, either under the base, or between the base and the seat. Even an inch can make a huge difference in the way it feels.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Just add spacers between the seat base and the floor.

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
If this is on a Ford, there is an OEM power base that should be available. I have one in my '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300, where my chassis was optioned that way in the Forest River fleet order. A harness jumper to the seat base may also be needed. There are some online parts diagrams available that could be a help.

I agree, the power seat makes the somewhat confining Ford cab much more comfortable.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars