cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer outlet facing wrong direction on new RV

dbontherun
Explorer
Explorer
After receiving delivery of our new 2014 Storm 32V, we encountered a problem with the sewer outlet. The factory installed the sewer outlet facing the wrong way so that you can't hook up the sewer hose to it. Was supposed to leave on a trip and had to cancel because of the problem. Took the unit back to the dealer to get the problem fixed, should have it back in a few days. I'm not a happy camper today. When we got to the dealer to drop off the unit I went and checked the other Storm 32v the had on the lot and the sewer outlet was wrong on that one too. I guess there is no quality control at Fleetwood, hard to believe it was done on another unit. Hope I don't have anymore issues. How do you attach pictures?

DB
56 REPLIES 56

BarbaraOK
Explorer
Explorer
All goes back to a poooor PDI.

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe - full-timing since 2006

Figment II

(2002 Alpine 36 MDDS) 🙂
2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
[purple]FMCA - F337834, SKP #90761[/purple]
Our Blog

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
It should have come up before and especially the Service Writer should have known it. This kind of ignorance is unforgivable. Anyone with common sense should have realized it wouldn't be manufactured that way.
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
wildmanbaker wrote:
Well..... lets not blame the dealer, techs, or whoever. It could have been the Service scheduler, and they probably do not know everything there is to know about RVs. Or, even the sales person.
But the Service Writer is a very big part of this picture who should have known better. The service writer has to be able to diagnose the problem, and in this case he/she apparently failed. Did not know his product. And that appears to be happening at many dealerships.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

The_Shadow_Nos
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2005 Allegro Bus has a swivel connection on the sewer hose.
2005 Allegro Bus
400 HP Cummins
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Well..... lets not blame the dealer, techs, or whoever. It could have been the Service scheduler, and they probably do not know everything there is to know about RVs. Or, even the sales person.
Wildmanbaker

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator
tiffinboy wrote:
popeye766 wrote:
Turning it around ...OK.......but other wise OUTRAGEOUS.......a new coach ..you should not have to lift a finger.....No excuse.....Failing Quality Control...

the outlet is designed to work this way.U can swivel it in both directions as in out 90 degree,s or down 90 degree,s.so no quality controll issue here.Just a customer not knowing how things work

Let's put the blame were it belongs this time.

IT'S THE DEALER! I'm shouting.

Obviously not a soul there knew how to work the dump station. The #1 thing I would need to know to use a RV. They needed a few days to cut the pipe and repair it?

Time to run the other way if needing an RV or service here. :M
Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
ArchHoagland wrote:
What is the name of the dealership?

And OP should post his feelings of what happened at http://rvservicereviews.com/.
“All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.”

tiffinboy
Explorer
Explorer
popeye766 wrote:
Turning it around ...OK.......but other wise OUTRAGEOUS.......a new coach ..you should not have to lift a finger.....No excuse.....Failing Quality Control...

the outlet is designed to work this way.U can swivel it in both directions as in out 90 degree,s or down 90 degree,s.so no quality controll issue here.Just a customer not knowing how things work

racerguy
Explorer
Explorer
This post, and the resolution, is one of the reasons I belong to a couple RV forums.

If I have a question about something I usually find the answer within a couple hours, without paying a service department to "diagnose" the problem.

Heck, they probably use the forums to get the answers after we leave the lot!

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
What is the name of the dealership?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

T_bone1
Explorer
Explorer
That is the reason I do my RV work myself,I have found the techs generally know less about my unit than I do.But I am pretty familiar with mine..My time looking for the problem is fairly cheap!!
2017 Georgetown 329S
2015 Toyota Tacoma toad

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
dbontherun
Glad to hear that it was a swivel sewer system as I thought it was. Fleetwood is too big and good of a company to let something like that happen. Sorry that you lost a week in the process. Now that you have everything figured out just go have fun and try to wear it out. happy camping.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
dbontherun wrote:
This is DB I found out that the sewer outlet does swivel. Everything is working fine. Surprised that the techs at the dealer didn't know that. Thanks for all the help.

DB

The more you learn about RV techs at certain dealers, the more it should bother you to pay them $100+ an hour to work on your coach. Sometimes you are just paying for their training. :R

dbontherun
Explorer
Explorer
This is DB I found out that the sewer outlet does swivel. Everything is working fine. Surprised that the techs at the dealer didn't know that. Thanks for all the help.

DB

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
3sacrwd wrote:
I didnt realize that they move....I lived a year in my RV and had to leave my storage door open as it was pointed towards the door, and to hook up my hose meant I couldnt shut my door. I do have a port in the bottom which a hose fits through. I will have to try to move it next time I pick it up. What holds the pipes together if you can move it up and down? Wouldnt it leak?

O-ring compression joints allow movement and still seal.

Just thinkin' out loud here.....try it while its empty. It should rotate but, just in case???????????????
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox