cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow filling fresh water

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
I'm struggling with my fresh water system in my 99 Harney DP. I can fill the fresh water, but slowly. I tried to sanitize the system today, and could not get the solution to flow into the tank. I have the source selector to "fill tank". I pulled the strainer out of the hose connection as it had significant crud. Not sure what else to do.
1999 Harney Renegade
Mostly used for overnights at the drag strip.
9 REPLIES 9

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
I have not discovered a canister filter of any sort yet, and have looked.
1999 Harney Renegade

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same here filter in line. If not then add one, or pump it in thru your pump.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Same here filter in line. If not then add one, or pump it in thru your pump.

Bill72927
Explorer
Explorer
Does your rig have a canister water filter? If so likely the culprit.

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
The vent is a hard line from the top that has an elbow to go straight down. It is clear up to the elbow. Not sure how to check or clear past that. But I think that is open. Great suggestion and I was hoping that was it.

I see with some looking that I fill the tank from the bottom. Maybe they are all like that. But that means that I cannot add bleach after there is any water in there, as it pushes back at ya and closes the check valve/backflow preventer. How do the rest of you add bleach for sanitising?

Thanks for the help thus far. We will figure it out eventually.
1999 Harney Renegade

gsf35099
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like maybe the vent line to the tank is clogged if you have one. I had a similar problem with my TT this past year & found a spider had built one heck of a web in the vent line. It made filling the tank really difficult. Finally took the vent line off, blew out the web & all fixed.
2005 Damon Astoria 3679
300 Cummins ISB 5.9, Allison auto 5 speed

Life is to short not to have a good time and enjoy!!!

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Probably full of crud too. Open it and remove the screen and run a wire down it.

Bucky1320
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
Your selector valve may not be open all the way. slipping on stem.

It feels very positive, and stops right at 90 degrees each way. Good suggestion, but I don't think that is it in this case.
1999 Harney Renegade

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your selector valve may not be open all the way. slipping on stem.