cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snow and Ice Around Atlanta , GA

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
For the poster who just posted about Ice/Snow in Georgia, use this link to actually see what the roads are. Just go to Trafficland and pick the state and City for current traffic. been using this for years. A lot of times the TV reports one thing and the live cam shows something else.

http://trafficland.com/city/MCN/index.html
6 REPLIES 6

Lobstah
Explorer
Explorer
Clearly a failure of leadership at both the state and local level. Schools and government offices should have been closed, and the announcement should have come the day before. This had nothing to do with not having a "staggered release", it had everything to do with plain old stupidity. Especially inconceivable after Atlanta got shut down for 4 days due to the ice storm in 2011.
Normal citizens own part of it too. I travel for business all the time, and had two events I was supposed to attend in Charlotte and Raleigh. Those events were cancelled on MONDAY due to the impending weather.
If I lived there, there's no way anyone in my family would have gone anywhere, work, school, shopping, forget it, period.

Jim
2005 Pace Arrow 36D
Very Understanding Wife
1 Boxer 😞
3 Maine Coon cats

kjbkjb
Explorer
Explorer
My brother in law who lives in the Atlanta area normally has a commute to and from work time of 1 hour and 15 minutes but on Tuesday it took him 11 hours to get home. Unbelievable. I think we got 3 inches of snow yesterday here in Wisconsin and nobody noticed.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
Much worse than regular rush hour. A couple of folks that work for same company as my sister got home at 2:30am and 10am after leaving offices in Buckhead around 3pm. AJC reported over 2,000 cars abandoned on road sides. Schools had kids stay the night and even a few loaded buses stuck out in traffic. Crazy what 2" to 3" inches of snow does here in the south!

We hit low 40's south of Atlanta and melted most of it away. This wimpy southerner is ready for spring 🙂
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M

ZERO here in NC this morning----think they claimed it got up to 28--somewhere! That mess in Atlanta looked like a regular rush hour with some ice and snow thrown in....News right on top of traffic tie ups....I mean Bridge gate was last week.

sowego
Explorer
Explorer
The best plan is for all travelers to stay put until conditions have improved. If you don't have to go...don't. Be safe everyone.

We have 18 right now and snow to start soon with up to 4 inches, not too bad for our area. But, we will stay home for a couple of days...even out in the country...we take care of our chores at home then stoke up the wood stove.
2002 Tiffin Phaeton
2005 Malibu Maxx toad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer