cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

soft water tester

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
i would like to find a soft water tester beside the test strips i would like to find a digital one that is not over 50 bucks as i have a flo pur 10000 water softner u guys are all ways so helpfull here
2005 vectra 40fd motor home and wife and our 2 pita malties and a mini poodle
6 REPLIES 6

Clay_L
Explorer
Explorer
The RV Filter guy told me that the TDS units will not measure hardness - and he sells them.
See HERE

He is usually pretty accurate although his recommendation for a magnetic water softener based on a one season very non-rigorous test is silly.
Clay (WA5NMR), Lee (Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats) Salli (dog).

Fixed domicile after 1 year of snowbirding and eleven years Full Timing in a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N, Workhorse chassis, Honda Accord toad

Chris_F
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to test the performance of your softener, you want a hardness test kit. The water would be considered soft if the hardness is less than 1 grain per gallon.

There are no practical digital test kits for hardness. Typical hardness test kits use a drop-count titration method. You add a color indicator to the sample; if the color is red the water contains hardness. You add a second chemical (EDTA) to the water dropwise, with each drop typically representing 1 gpg, until the solution turns blue.

Try Amazon.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
HM Digital TDS-EZ
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Although not digital, I bought a very simple test kit at my pool supply store. Put a little water in a vile, 2 drops of a solution in it and a few drops of a second solution to get the hardness. Very accurate and simple to use.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google or Amazon. We're so helpful.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
just Google for it and you will get many