Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

spin balancing vs bg balancing

rickvikki
Explorer
Explorer
Good morning
We r buying new rv tires, michelin xza3, and are wondering which balancing tecnique is better?

Thanks, rick
Rick and Vikki Landry
Ottawa, Canada
Tiffen Phaeton 2006 (40 ft.)
21 REPLIES 21

rickvikki
Explorer
Explorer
Have heard that equal clumps
Rick and Vikki Landry
Ottawa, Canada

BigBlockTank
Explorer
Explorer
I bought new Alcoa aluminum wheels, all 6 tires, and Centramatic balancers. The new tires were simple spin balanced. I ride like a Cadillac at 70 now. I'm not saying, by any means, that you should spend that much money. I have an 03 F-53 chassis, and they were known to have some cheap steel wheels that were out of round in that era, so I fixed it. (The steel wheels are $325 ea., and Alcoa's were $375 ea.)
The Centramatic balancers claim 35-50% tire wear increase. I got'em for the continuous balancing factor.

rickvikki
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used "equal" brand as aopposed to dynabeads
Rick and Vikki Landry
Ottawa, Canada

rickvikki
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used "equal" brand as aopposed to dynabeads
Rick and Vikki Landry
Ottawa, Canada

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"rgatinet1".....has it right. I was a spin balance fanatic.....the only way to go, but times have changed and I find that the beads work great. They will continue to balance the tire for it's entire life, where realistically you would need to rebalance and a few years with weights.

The best of both worlds would be to spin balance and correct any major weight issues and then add a bag of beads for fine balancing.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
If you go with the RV specific DynaBeads, they are a little larger and DO NOT require any special valve stem and are compatible with any TPMS.
The DynaBeads also continuously balance your tires as you drive, even when the rubber is wearing down or if your rims pick up a little mud. The DynaBeads come in bags that are easily installed, unaffected by moisture, and even make it possible for you to balance your unmounted spare tire when it is installed in an emergency.
I do not like the balancing powder because it is too susceptible to clumping if there is any moisture present. The Beads eliminate this problem.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are considering the balancing beads/powder they usually require special stems.
As far as which one is better I prefer the old time balance with weights. I kept getting a thumping the first 15 - 20 minutes every time I drove the MH
Traveling with my best friend my wife!