Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splendide 2000 washer and vented dryer

werni9
Explorer
Explorer
Happy New Year,
Recently I finally ran the washer-dryer to check it for operation. No clothes, just a smooth wash and dry and it seemed just fine. Minor squeaks at certain stages. I did see a small drop of water every 10 seconds at the low, back right near the hose discharge area going into the washer. Getting ready to slid it forward and check out any loose connections. I am going to clean dust and vacumm any areas that need it. Is it OK to put a shot of WD40 on a spring that may be squeaking? Maybe another lubricant? I'm asking for any tips to do some preventative maintenance on it, since I'll have the back off and I'm in there? Any tips would be appreciated. Unhooking lines and things now. I'll check back soon. Bob
3 REPLIES 3

hershey
Explorer
Explorer
The water seepage your seeing in that area is more than likely the water pump shaft seal. They will require replacement every now and then. I've replaced ours twice in 11 years of fulltiming. Its a very easy job if the washer is out of the RV or if you can tip it forward enough to get your hand under the unit and remove two tiny screws that hold it in place. Dissassembly of the pump is straight forward as is the replacement of the seal. Call them, they will confirm my suspicion and send you the seal.
hershey - albuquerque, nm
Someday Finally Got Here
My wife does all the driving - I just get to hold the steering wheel.
Face Book Group: All About RVing and We Fly RC's
Expedition - Chevy Equinox

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
There should be a lint trap to clean also, though they do hide it. You need to tilt the unit back and then take of the front cover at the bottom. Behind it there be a round (about 3") cover to remove to clean the lint trap.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I would call Splendide. They are always helpful. They may have other ideas about quieting the squeak.