cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprinter Class driving Impressions

hardride
Explorer
Explorer
We currently have a Dynamax 340Super C and while i really like it we are considering downsizing to a B+. I have looked at Pleasure Way, Leisure, and Coach House. Would anyone who has one of these be willing to answer a few questions?
A) How are they on the Road? Are they affected much by wind, passing trucks, etc.?
B) Do they have the power to climb mountains? We live in California and we frequently travel in the mountains out here which are generally higher and steeper than those in the Eastern part to the country.
C) Have you been pleased with you unit? This is especially true for any Coach House Rv owners since they do not show out west at all.
D) Have you had any issues with the limited CCC (cargo caring capacity) of the RV?
E) When you boondocks has the limited fresh water and holding tanks been an issue?

I would appreciate any feedback that any of you may offer.

Thanks

Scott
Long Beach, Ca.
13 REPLIES 13

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
This website Clicky might help find those Freightliner Dealers. It could be a little confusing as Freightliner also makes the Big Trucks that pull those 40' trailers.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Traveling_Pa
Explorer
Explorer
I have found that Freightliner dealers either have parts and trained Sprinter mechanics or else they know who does the work locally. Mine is a 2004 Sportsmobile/Sprinter 2500. My GPS will give me the phone number of nearby Freightliner dealers and take me there if needed.

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
The only problem Ive heard about Sprinter vans is finding Mercedes dealer mechanics in some out of the way places when something needs fixing..

charlessfolly
Explorer
Explorer
Dynamax has an Isata 3 which is on a sprinter chassis.Renagade has the Villagio.
The Mercedes dually chassis is an excellent base for a motorhome.Should I say more?(I'm biting my tongue).

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Not exactly an answer to your question, but I have a 3500 series Chevy Express an converted into a class B motorhome with the high top conversion. It drives very much like car or truck. It is affected by strong cross winds, yes, but about the same any conventional vehicle. I bet the Sprinters with dual rear wheels are even less affected.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
My Roadtrek wrote:
If it started out as a Van then it a Class/Type B, if it was built on a cut-away chassis then it's a Class C. Size has nothing to do with it.

B+ is not mentioned in this quote. they exist, and i have one.

question: when, as i have noticed for several years now, a type B owner feels like they need a little more width/height to move more comfortably in the RV, would you say they are Bers, Cers, or B+ers?
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

hardride
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't mean to start a ruckus over the question. However, thanks for the replys. I will try the "C" forum for input.

Thanks.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Here we go again...
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 thats how I know the difference.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
If it started out as a Van then it a Class/Type B, if it was built on a cut-away chassis then it's a Class C. Size has nothing to do with it.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
OK ,I,ll try , we have a 2007 leisure travel van freedom serenity II 25ft long ,a class C 5cyc MB diesel ,now at 36k, bought new, we drive it pulling a 17ft bass boat from ohio to arizona almost every year, most trucks passing not a problem,but sometimes get a little blow ,never though much of it, climbs hills and steep grades in third gear ,its a four speed and can pass alot of bigger units going up.get 17mpg towing boat better not towing. holds 25gal fresh water and 30 gal blk. we,ve owned A,s B.s other C,s and won,t go back. for two adults over 70 its just great ,we stay up in the hills for days boone docked with no problems. it has more leg room than ford or chevy,dodge in the class C units .big comfortable seats.if your in north east ohio stop in. did I say we love it?

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd wrote:
A B+ is a small Class C by definition. You might get more answers in the Class C forum.

That is close, But Today some RV manufacturers do not, seemingly will not use that term. Others call 30'+ C's, B+'s.

Bud

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
A B+ is a small Class C by definition. You might get more answers in the Class C forum.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B