cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage question

Burwoods
Explorer
Explorer
This is our first year storing our MH. We are in Canada and of course MH will not be in use. So our question is, as this has been mentioned to us. Do we store our MH with Hydraulic jacks down to take pressure off of tires? This did not cross our minds until someone mentioned it. What say you all..

Thanks
Bob and Sally
1999 Rexhall Aerbus 36'
Towing 2002 Tracker
6 REPLIES 6

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I've always stored our 2008 Dynasty with the jacks down in our storage garage that has a nice concrete floor. The coach also has air bag leveling and I use that mainly when we are traveling at RV Parks. I feel the Hydraulic Jacks take the pressure off of the tires during storage and I let the system do it all automatically.

I had to be careful with the Hydraulics as we had punched through some asphalt pavement in RV parks including some of the gravel/sandy sites. That's where the air bag leveling became so convenient, the tires were the foundation.

Our new coach will have air leveling only so all the weight will be on the tires at all times.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Jacks down, that's what my manual says.
2014 American Eagle

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I probably doesn't make any difference. I just air mine down first since eventually the air will leak out and the coach will take some funny angles as the air bags deflate unevenly.

Theories abound but unless the manufacturer recommends one or the other they are probably just opinions without much basis in fact.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

xctraveler
Explorer
Explorer
We have always stored with jacks in travel mode and slides in. Generally pull the coach into storage slot with water system winterized, disconnect batteries (disconnect switch) and lock up and walk away. Come back every 30 days to check water levels in batteries and run generator with load - electric heaters are good in winter, a/c in summer.
Paul
2012 Phaeton 36QSH on Freightliner Chassis with a Cummins 380 pushing it. 2011 Cherry Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with US Gear Unified Tow Brake System. Check out my blog
FMCA 352081 SKP# 99526

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
Burwoods wrote:
This is our first year storing our MH. We are in Canada and of course MH will not be in use. So our question is, as this has been mentioned to us. Do we store our MH with Hydraulic jacks down to take pressure off of tires? This did not cross our minds until someone mentioned it. What say you all..

Thanks

I would probably do so and maybe clean and coat the tubes with something for the extended period.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a half way answer -

I store mine with the jacks down, however, I only extend the jacks enough to take "some" of the weight off of the tires. No reason to
extend the jacks all the way.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.