cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super C purchasing questions

Rover_three
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, thinking about purchasing either a good used or possibly new Super C unit. Have been looking at Dynamax and Renegade units both with the same Cummins L series engine. I like the way they look and the serviceability of the units. Currently have gas powered Class A and want to upgrade. Thought seriously about Class A diesel pusher but like the super C. Have not driven a rig Super C but have driven the Class A diesel pusher. All the A salespeople tell me the C units will be louder then my current gas. Who do I believe at this time. Trying to find time and location of Super C to test drive. Any thoughts on the noise issue before I try and find unit to test drive. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,

I know someone who had a class C Ford with a diesel engine in it, and upgraded to a FRED (Front Engine Diesel) class A motorhome. It has a large straight 6, not sure if it is a 5.9L or the larger 8.3L, but in the 300 HP range it might have been either engine. The 8.3L is pretty quiet just because at 2,400 RPM it would be way past it's governor, and they just have tons of torque, but not much HP after 2,000 RPM, so they run low speed.

Test drive a couple before making a decision. One built on the International chassis, the owner complained about it ridding like a lumber wagon, not the softer ride of a air ride DP. I have ridden in the back of a class 6 delivery truck while picking up a hot air balloon, bouncing across a grass field. It was not a 'lot' of fun. . .

Check the rear area, and see how solid it feels while someone else is driving!

Good luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

az99
Explorer
Explorer
How well the truck drives and handles far outweighs the little extra noise.

ronfisherman
I think you will find the Super C's are much quieter than a Class A gasser. My class C's is pretty quiet. Engine noise is almost nonexistent. I have ridden in my sons Class 8 tractor. Amazing how quiet it is. While we were in Mesa, AZ saw several of the larger Super C's on dealer lots along Main Street.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD