Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch on dashboard

DavidAddison
Explorer
Explorer
HELP PLEASE!
I bought a used 2005 Landau by Georgie Boy. I found a switch on the dshboard that i can't figure out what it's for. I've seen it on "For sale" videos when the show the same year and model. The button is a red toggle type switch located on the left side of the steering wheel. The toggle only gets power when I use the engine batteries, and it'll light up when its getting power. Does anyone know what it sends power to ??
6 REPLIES 6

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like you got your answer, but sometimes motorhomes come pre-wired for certain accessories. That pre-wiring may include a switch already installed that is hooked to nothing since the optional item wasn't installed. For example, my motorhome has power sunshades. I looked at another model when I bought mine that did not have the power sunshades, but the two switches were installed on the dash hooked to nothing and not labeled.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make sure that you turn it off after use since most mirror heaters do not automatically shut down and will drain your batteries in a short time if left on.

DavidAddison
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I really appreciate it.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Mirror heaters.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

DavidAddison
Explorer
Explorer
Would that be to heat the mirrors ?

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
My Red Toggle switch is for the mirrors.