cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thetford Aqua Magic problem

RVRAD
Explorer
Explorer
My new 2014 Minnie Winnie was bought in November here in the NE and was winterized and yesterday it got spring commissioned all was OK except the toilet foot pedal and valve operates very slowly letting a lot of water to enter toilet before stopping.....seems like something needs a lubrication with some silicone or Vaseline .......the pedal....the ball in the toilet.......the manual was no help,anyone eles been there with this problem
3 REPLIES 3

RVRAD
Explorer
Explorer
Thetford Aqua Magic Residence type toilet.....nothing leaked after turning the pump on and it did supply water so the dealer I bought the rig from winterized it properly.....My last class C had a similar toilet and I remember the foot pedal having a very fast action.....press down water on, remove foot and it came up....water stopped

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
In a case like this, more useful to post the Make/Model of Toilet vs. of the RV that it's installed in. Which toilet do you have?

Are you sure the little plastic fill valve in the toilet itself was winterized? Either by flushing antifreeze through it, or blowing it with air till dry?

Sounds to me like that valve froze and is damaged, but by all means check lubrication first.

If it's damaged, the valve could drip into the floor and soften/rot it.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
As a start, try some O-ring lube on the ball and the rubber seal that it contacts. Or...even something like olive oil and work it back and forth to see if that frees it up some.

O-ring Lube...LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro