cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor Axis/Vegas owner's I have few questions.

lakings10
Explorer
Explorer
I've read all the threads on the axis/vegas but still have a few questions. I might be buying tomorrow.

How do you dump the tanks? The dump valve is pointing upwards and it seems like it wouldn't empty all the way.

The living room tv doesn't swivel? How do you get to the back of it? I'm planning to put a dish on mine and need to run wires back there.

Same question regarding the outside tv.

Are there any outlets in the bedroom to charge cell phones?

Does the shower curtin do a decent job keeping water in the shower and not all over the floor?

Sorry for all the questions, but looking to buy a 2015 Axis tomorrow. Thx again.
2015 Thor Hurricane 27k
17 REPLIES 17

VietVet1
Explorer
Explorer
YOU NEED AN ELBOW FOR THE DUMP. NO TV SWIVELS, NO OUTLET IN BEDROOM AND THE SHOWER CURTAIN STICKS TO YOU, I'M TRYING NOW TO PUT TOGETHER A GADGET TO STOP THE STICKING.

DO ME A FAVOR ASK THEM HOW TO REMOVE AND REPLACE THE ENGINES 12 VOLT BATTERY? I'M TRYING TO FIGURE THAT ONE OUT TOO.

I SUGGEST YOU DO YOUR DUE DILIGENCE ON THIS ONE! I DON'T THINK I DID!

lakings10
Explorer
Explorer
Thx for the info! I ended up not doing the deal. I'm 6-4 and just to darn big for the shower and plus we have a 3 year old who has to shower with one of us so the shower just wouldn't work.

I did look at the 15 tho. I couldn't figure out how to release the tv. Theres no way to get your hand behind there to release it. The guys at the dealer couldnt figure it out either.

The new shades go all the way down past the bottom of the window.

The new shower controles are in the shower not in the sink.

I think I might wait for the axis/vegas model to come out that will be 1ft longer. Hopfully has a bigger shower.

I guess my 2014 Palazzo thats been a headache will stay for a bit longer.
2015 Thor Hurricane 27k

Happily_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't seen a 2015 yet! Heard they were changing the faucets on the shower. That would be great! I have no trouble keeping the water in the shower, but often have to mop up behind hubby!! So guess the shower answer is it depends on how careful you are!! 🙂

There are plenty of outlets everywhere in the coach. There are outlets in each back corner of the bedroom to plug in cell phones, Cpaps, etc.

With regards to dumping: the compartment is cramped which always makes getting a secure hose connection more difficult than it should be. However, our dump valve is pointed slightly down, so no problem with it!

We, too, are curious about getting to the back of the tv over the door. Thor's tech told us it comes out on an arm when you use the release lever, but we have yet to find it!!! If you get a demo of it tomorrow, please let us know how to release it!!!

I also heard the 2015 Axis would have MCD shades. If it does, could you please check if they have worked out a way to cover all the way to the bottom of the windows? With the shades we have, there is a slight gap at the bottom because of the window knobs.

We are really enjoying our Axis! Good luck tomorrow!
2014 Thor Axis