cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toilet Leak...HELP

Phillips0608
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Thetford Aqua-Magic toilet. The motor home was used and sat for a while. We haven't had too many issues, just minor ones, but are still new to this! There is a slow leak behind the toilet near the floor, constantly if there is any water flow. I have researched but most everything I have found is that this happens when flushed. Mine is constant. Is this the valve? Should I try to replace that or a seal or just replace the entire toilet? Thanks in advance for your help!
6 REPLIES 6

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
This might be a good opportunity to replace the unit with a taller model you like better. On the other hand, Camp World had the valve on hand when mine died, and it cost $19.95 plus aggravation. Hasn't leaked since.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

C-Leigh_Racing
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I just had the same leak, SURPRISE.
For a first time it was not an easy job, but then again its had to stuff 260 lbs & 61 years old into a small place & then try to work with your hands.

Once done, same ol stuff, another RV product with failure built into it. As hard as that little valve is to get to if replacement is needed, why on earth is it not made with a bit better quality.
Half a ball valve inside & its plastic to boot, its not going to last.
It would make more sense if that is how its going to be, at least supply a pan of some sort to go under the toilet, so if it does leak the pan would have a drain hole & tube to flow the leak outside the coach instead of all over the floor.
Neil

J_Walker
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same leak on my Thetford Aqua Magic toilet. There is a valve that controls the water flow and mine began to leak. To service it you must remove the toilet, very easy. Remove two nuts holding the toilet down and disconnect the water line, also easy. You will then find the valve. You can replace it for about $30. In my case I found the valve stuck to the plastic tubing so I looked closer. There is an O ring that seals the shaft of the valve and I just got one out of my assortment of O rings and replaced it. The leak has not reoccurred for several years. The valve is about the only thing that can leak. Two things to check first are the the water connection is tightened and the toilet is tightly secured to the floor.
Jim Walker
2014 Thor Palazzo 33.2, 6.7 Cummins, 2100 Allison
2009 Malibu

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Micah,

You can download the docs from Thetford to get part numbers, but as the others, I am about sure that it wasn't winterized right and the flush water valve is broken. You can order that and a seal as a kit. It isn't cheap.

Remember that if you winterize the coach yourself.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

barnaclebill
Explorer
Explorer
The water valve would be my guess, try and use a mirror if it is not visable from the front and see if that is your leak.
2009 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ
425 Cummins
Chevy Equinox or Tracker
Blue Ox towing

Yellowboat_
Explorer
Explorer
Which Aqua Magic do you have?

My model info was on the back of my toilet. To find my toilet info I located the sticker using a flash light. I then used a camera to photograph the label so that I could read the info.

I just removed my Aqua Magic V and replaced it with a Aqua Magic Style II.

Both units have hose connections located on the back side of the toilet.

First I would try a camera or a phone with a camera and see if you can take a photo of the back of the toilet to see if you can ID the source of the leak.

If you can see the source of the leak you will probably need to remove the toilet to gain access and fix the leak. And if you can't ID the source of the leak you may need to remove the toilet to inspect the hose connections and hopefully find the leak.

If necessary you can order parts on-line. And if you have an Aqua Magic V I just happen to have spare parts.

To remove the toilet, make sure there is no water pressure, and then disconnect the water supply located on the back side of the toilet and remove the two 1/2 inch nuts, located on each side of the base of the toilet. You can now lift the toilet up and out and inspect, and hopefully, find and fix your leak.

Safe Travels.

JD
2016 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on a 2016 Ford F53 Chassis
2009 Saturn VUE
Buddy our Bichon Frise
JD & Kathy