cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toyo tires

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
I am in need of a new set of tires to replace my 8 year old Goodyear 275/80R/22.5. I am looking at Toyo M154 295/75R/22.5. I received a quote of $4,070 for 6 tires with mounting, balancing and tax. Does that sound about right?
20 REPLIES 20

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
msmith1199 wrote:
bluwtr49 wrote:
When I bought new front tires, I found Les Schwab to be very high in cost compared to other shops.

But you can't beat Les for quality service. At least I've always had quality service from them. It's the only place I buy tires for all my vehicles. They will take care of you for the life of that tire. I even took my wife's Mercedes in a few weeks ago with a nail in the tire and they fixed it for free even though the tires were the originals on the car and not theirs. I bought a new tire for my riding lawn mower online thinking I could mount it myself, and I could not. Took it down to Les and they mounted it for free.

I was pleased with them years ago with my TT, truck, and car but not so much with my MH. It could be their source of 22.5" tires isn't as competitive as shops more dedicated to truck tires.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

MrWizard
my fronts are M120z bought jan 2014
my rears bought jan 2015 are M170z

they don't make M120z any more ? so i was told

anyway they all cost around $400 @

those M154 must be a much better ride, will maybe check on those next time
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
bluwtr49 wrote:
When I bought new front tires, I found Les Schwab to be very high in cost compared to other shops.

But you can't beat Les for quality service. At least I've always had quality service from them. It's the only place I buy tires for all my vehicles. They will take care of you for the life of that tire. I even took my wife's Mercedes in a few weeks ago with a nail in the tire and they fixed it for free even though the tires were the originals on the car and not theirs. I bought a new tire for my riding lawn mower online thinking I could mount it myself, and I could not. Took it down to Les and they mounted it for free.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
LaTriker wrote:
I am in need of a new set of tires to replace my 8 year old Goodyear 275/80R/22.5. I am looking at Toyo M154 295/75R/22.5. I received a quote of $4,070 for 6 tires with mounting, balancing and tax. Does that sound about right?

Yup. I bought mine about four years ago and it was almost $4k then.

Edit: After reading some of the other replies I pulled my old receipt up and mine was actually $3000, not $4000. The tires were Toyo 265/75R/22.5. And this was in California so it sounds like there may be better deals in other states

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blu, I found Les spot on price for one TT tire and done in one hour fifteen minutes. As for a TT flat not on their tire...NO charge.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've had two great experiences at Les Schwab's
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

loranimal
Explorer
Explorer
I just put on a set of Toyo M144's,295/80R22.5. Set of 8 for $3650. They replaced Goodyear RV670's. Used balance beads in them. Only have a couple hundred miles on them so far. They seem a little smoother then the Goodyears.
Carl & Barb
2007 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ / Cummins 400HP - RIP Nov 2018
2016 Dodge Crew Cab, Cummins
2017 Jeep Cherokee

"It's more then an RV, it's a car I can go to the bathroom in"
Homer J. Simpson

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
LaTriker

I made that exact same tire change from Michelin to Toyo. I paid a total of $2,427.12 two years ago for 6 tires. The cost per tire (w/o mounting, balancing, and tax) was $350.68, which is now ~$375 per tire. I got the tires from our local Les Schwab store, part of a western US tire chain. The owner even came out from behind the counter to shake my hand. They provide great service.

I like the feel of the Toyo tires, and the manager said that they can be re-capped twice. That's probably not an issue with me, because I will probably replace the tires for age rather than tread wear.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Absolutely. You can also see how much they cost on tirerack.com and it will generally give you a good idea.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

barmcd
Explorer
Explorer
I paid less than $3000 for six M144 balanced and mounted at my local tire dealer. The M154 would have been about 20% cheaper.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
If you're only replacing all 6 because of age and not because of damage or excess checking, why not just replace 4 in the rear this year, and 2 in front next year? Or the other way around?

With that quote, you're looking at $678 per tire, that's way excessive in my book. I just found those Toyo tires for $485 with a quick search. M&B should be $40 each, replace the stems should be another $7 or so. Total of $532 each tire typically, M&B.

You'd likely save $876 just by shopping around. Or waiting until you're in a different area because sometimes all the shops owners in one area hang out with each other.

I always buy truck tires for the better deals, and IMO, longer life, so I buy from Amazon, get free shipping with a Prime membership (takes 5 days because of the weight), and have them installed at Love's tire stores for the $40/each M&B. The Double Coin 295/75R/22.5 tires are $286 each right now. So the six of them, M&B, would come to $1998. Saving over $2,000 from the quote you got.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
simple tire has them in load range H for $330.00 each so six will be $1980.00
Coupon code TAX17 might take 5% off.

See if you can find a truck place to mount them
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like I need to check with another tire dealer. Will be heading west next month. Does anyone know a good tire dealer in Dallas, Fort Worth, Amarillo or Albuquerque?