cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tucson Area Suggestions??

_Sea_Of_No_Care
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, DW and I are planning to be in Tucson area for a couple weeks. Having never been to the area before, we are looking for suggestions for a nice RV Park with all the amenities. We have been doing a lot of hiking and moving around lately and we are looking for a place to just relax and kick back and enjoy the weather. I understand it may be a little difficult getting into some of the parks this time of year but with some flexibility on our part maybe we can do it. So if you don't mind giving out some of your favorite places and why I would greatly appreciate everyone's suggestions. Thanks!!

Dave
Dave and Gail
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
400 h.p. Cummins, Roadmaster Chassis
2006 Jeep Wrangler TOAD
15 REPLIES 15

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Duplicate post
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
We also like Justin diamond j rv park. West of Tucson off ajo highway. Very quiet and hiking trails on BLM land next to it.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
In December we stayed two days at Tuscon/Lazydays KOA and found it to be a nice park.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
ferndaleflyer wrote:
Last year at this time I stayed a couple of days at a resort South of Tucson. I think it was at exit 267 on I-10.....It was a gated place that had anything you could think of on site. I don't recall the name of it but they did have plenty of room and treated us real good. I was 45ft towing a enclosed car trailer and didn't have to unhook. Pull through sites with lots of room.
I suspect you are referring to Voyager at exit 270. The only RV Park by exit 267 is Crazy Horse, and it doesn't have that much in the way of amenities or charm.

pkunk
Explorer
Explorer
Gilbert Ray campground is a very nice place to spend a week. Virtually in the middle of the Saguaro National Park.Tucson Mtn Park
1999 Coachman Mirada 34 ft.V10-F53 chassis
12ft.LR slide-2 gp31 AGM 12V @220AH

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
All good suggestions. I suggest you go to www.RVParkReviews.com and carefully evaluate each of these previous suggestions.....so you can chose the park that best suits your needs.
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

Tom_and_Gloria
Explorer
Explorer
We spent time at Cochise Terrace RV Resort in Benson. All I can say is AWESOME place with super friendly staff. If you haven't tried it you really need to stop by there.

Last year at this time I stayed a couple of days at a resort South of Tucson. I think it was at exit 267 on I-10.....It was a gated place that had anything you could think of on site. I don't recall the name of it but they did have plenty of room and treated us real good. I was 45ft towing a enclosed car trailer and didn't have to unhook. Pull through sites with lots of room.

_Sea_Of_No_Care
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning, Thank you everyone for your suggestions. DW and I will look them over and I'm sure one of them will be just we are looking for. We are currently in the Willcox area doing some hiking up in the Chiricahua National Monument area for a few days and then planning on heading over to Tucson area. The relaxing will be a nice change of pace for these beat up knees of mine!! Although the hiking we have done over the last 3-4 wks has been AWESOME!! Hope you all have a great day and safe travels!!

Dave
Dave and Gail
2006 Monaco Diplomat 40 PDQ
400 h.p. Cummins, Roadmaster Chassis
2006 Jeep Wrangler TOAD

Gottahaveit
Tuscon/Lazydays KOA is awesome http://koa.com/campgrounds/tucson-lazydays/
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
De Anza RV Resort in Amado. It used to be a Greyhound RaceTrack. Beautiful sites with pool/spa etc. Off leash dog run. Close to lots of stuff to see and do. Click on the link below for pictures of the campground, then scroll down on page two for more things to see and do in the area.....Dennis

De Anza RV Resort

Tucson Trip
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

TexasShadow
Explorer II
Explorer II
West of Tucson a bit is Cactus Country RV park. Take Houghton road exit go north maybe a mile or less turn right. You can see the park from I i0.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
"All the amenities" and lots of activities I would go for Voyager

Laid back and relaxed - and a fair bit cheaper - Desert Trails, especially if you like hiking. Nice trails in BLM land where you can do a mile or two right outside the park. The other side of the BLM land is Tucson Mountain Park with miles of trails, and that is adjacent to Saguaro National Park West

This is our 6th winter in Desert Trails, lots of friendly folks and you can be as active as you want. 30 minute scenic drive over Gates Pass and you are in downtown Tucson.
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
If you really want to relax in beautiful surroundings, go to Catalina State Park.

For a RV park you might want to look into Voyager RV.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel